My Latest Senior Moment

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2018, 07:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts
Default My Latest Senior Moment

"Made coffee" this morning...........Forgot the filter and forgot the coffee.

Came out pretty weak.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Came out pretty weak.
LOL.....I actually bypassed senior moments and went straight into senior months....
Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Came out pretty weak.

When you forget the filter, it’s good to forget the coffee. Less mess.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM
fw102807

Quote:

Came out pretty weak.
That is hilarious. I have done this by forgetting to put the pod in my Keurig. When we were younger it was just stupid now we get to have moments, I love it.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage

I try to make routines so I don't need to remember doing the mundane.

On my car key fob the bottom button unlocks the car so I remember "bottoms up." Too many times I would get a half block from the car and wonder if I locked it. I always walked back.

My key pops out of the fob when I push a red button like a switchblade. My routine is to lock the car and then push the key in the fob.

So if I'm a half a block away from the car and I touch my pocket and feel the key is out, not folded back in the fob I know I forgot to lock the car and head back. That almost never happens anymore now that I have a routine.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:54 AM

A couple of weeks ago I turned on the coffee making machine, went into the bedroom and heard a strange noise. Went back into the kitchen and realized I forgot to put the cup on the machine and coffee was spilling everywhere.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

This morning I made coffee. Remembered the coffee, filter, and water. Forgot the piece that evenly distributes the water into the grounds. Remaking pot now.LOL
Old 07-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Gold member

And I forgot I’m no longer a teenager and ran out of the library into the pouring rain on Friday. The word “ran” is a clue. My 70 year old body performed an impromptu Double Gainor into the parking lot pavement. I was sprawled in puddles while torrential rain gave my hair a thorough cleansing. I’m now sporting an orthopedic boot for the 4-5 weeks while my broken foot heals
Old 07-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Sage

I remember calling my dad from time to time just to catch up. His first sentence was always "Well I got up this morning and made the coffee." I'm 30 years younger. I always wondered why he considered successfully making the coffee everyday was his first accomplishment for the day. This was a man who built our house from the ground up, rebuilt car engines, studied and got an electricians license at 45 and ran that business .......

Now I know why.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:18 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I remember calling my dad from time to time just to catch up. His first sentence was always "Well I got up this morning and made the coffee." I'm 30 years younger. I always wondered why he considered successfully making the coffee everyday was his first accomplishment for the day. This was a man who built our house from the ground up, rebuilt car engines, studied and got an electricians license at 45 and ran that business .......

Now I know why.
Without coffee there is...nothing
Old 07-23-2018, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
And I forgot I’m no longer a teenager and ran out of the library into the pouring rain on Friday. The word “ran” is a clue. My 70 year old body performed an impromptu Double Gainor into the parking lot pavement. I was sprawled in puddles while torrential rain gave my hair a thorough cleansing. I’m now sporting an orthopedic boot for the 4-5 weeks while my broken foot heals
I'm so sorry. It was kind of you to share that story. My father always said "A word to the wise is sufficient." That took a long time for me to sink in.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:39 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Ouch, that was a painful mistake a lot worse than a ruined pot of coffee. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
I feel bad for you. Aside from the pain, it must be truly inconvenient for you. Four days ago, I was walking my dog and tripped over nothing (husband is always telling me to pick up my feet). Fell down right in front of a man and woman. Not young enough anymore to just jump up and pretend I was fine. Man had to help me up while holding the dog’s leash. I can’t think the last time I skinned my knees! I got off much better than you did!
Old 07-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Location: Springfield Oh Phoenix Az Melbourne Fl Lexington Ky

My Dad always told me I would be doing fine until I stop halfway on the stairs and look around and when I go to start again I can't remember if I was going up or down.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Gold member

Had a great Senior Moment story to share that happened last week but I can’t remember what it was!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, forgot, filter, weak, pretty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.