My Rant About The NFL

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Had our forefathers not protested, there would have been no Revolution. Had Medgar Evans, MLK, Rosa Parks, et al., not spoken out, we'd be even further behind in the civil rights arena. Had Stanton., Anthony,, et al., not marched for women's rights, we females would probably still be stuck barefoot and pregnant. I was taught that we all have a moral obligation to speak when we see a wrong being committed, whether that wrong be in a schoolyard, a pulpit or on a national stage by a government official. We can speak as an individual or as a group, but speak and protest we must. One definition of duty is legal or moral obligation.

Sorry, I totally disagree that kneeling was disrespectful. It was done quietly, with head bowed. I pointed out the other behavior because, to me, that is disrespectful. I may not agree with what someone is protesting, but, so long as it peaceful, I will defend their right to protest. That is why my father, uncle, cousins, brother fought, died and were wounded. Not to silence a protestor whose stance is not your stance or to prevent someone from protesting in a manner that doesn't suit your sensibilities. They served to protect this great nation, to allow those living here to air their grievances, to protect our rights, not just to protect and respect the symbols. And, yes, you have the right to object and protest in whatever form you choose, but I hope that somewhere in you there is some pride that you and others fought to give CK the right to kneel in protest.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Well, you go right ahead and boycott any products advertised on the channels showing NFL games. As I said before, you are way out of their demographic range but it remains your right to boycott - even though it makes no difference to the advertisers.

Basically, the kneeling will end soon or spectators will just accept as a norm. No big deal either way. Some may see it as disrespect while others see it as free speech and others just don't care.

The NFL is not going away. However, you do whatever you feel is best. Personally, I like pro football and will continue to watch - but will continue to use the mute button on commercials.
I love some of the commercials especially that one with the Kia and the hamster on the baby ward. 2017 Kia Soul Turbo | The Turbo Hamster Has Arrived - YouTube

It has different lengths according to the time bought.

Some of the commercials are a lot better than some of the programs. Especially during the Superbowl.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Had our forefathers not protested, there would have been no Revolution. Had Medgar Evans, MLK, Rosa Parks, et al., not spoken out, we'd be even further behind in the civil rights arena. Had Stanton., Anthony,, et al., not marched for women's rights, we females would probably still be stuck barefoot and pregnant. I was taught that we all have a moral obligation to speak when we see a wrong being committed, whether that wrong be in a schoolyard, a pulpit or on a national stage by a government official. We can speak as an individual or as a group, but speak and protest we must. One definition of duty is legal or moral obligation.

Sorry, I totally disagree that kneeling was disrespectful. It was done quietly, with head bowed. I pointed out the other behavior because, to me, that is disrespectful. I may not agree with what someone is protesting, but, so long as it peaceful, I will defend their right to protest. That is why my father, uncle, cousins, brother fought, died and were wounded. Not to silence a protestor whose stance is not your stance or to prevent someone from protesting in a manner that doesn't suit your sensibilities. They served to protect this great nation, to allow those living here to air their grievances, to protect our rights, not just to protect and respect the symbols. And, yes, you have the right to object and protest in whatever form you choose, but I hope that somewhere in you there is some pride that you and others fought to give CK the right to kneel in protest.
Thanks for a good and adult post.

It is interesting in a story I call...The Adults in the Room.

A group of vets were silently protesting the NFL protests at a practice last week.A number of Seahawk players went out to talk to them. They exchanged their viewpoints and shook hands before parting.

They are the Adults in the Room....both groups.

I hope I am allowed to say this on here with no trouble. I consider it not only very important but basic.

On a thread about Puerto Rico aid, a completely made up story about Puerto Rico citizens not distributing aid was mentioned. On this NFL issue, a fake picture of Michael Bennett if the Seahawks burying the flag has made the rounds.

When you hear of any kind of bad behavior, mostly on email chain letters, PLEASE VERIFY. It is probably not true. The so called fake news is not from the mainstream but the outliers.

This is not meant to be political...it is so basic, and whynspread hate with such lies.

Sorry if anyone considers it political....if you think seriously, it isnt

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."

Last edited by Rockyrd; 10-06-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I love some of the commercials especially that one with the Kia and the hamster on the baby ward. 2017 Kia Soul Turbo | The Turbo Hamster Has Arrived - YouTube

It has different lengths according to the time bought.

Some of the commercials are a lot better than some of the programs. Especially during the Superbowl.
Now that is funny. Better than most games
Old 10-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So, you think college FB or BB is better, IMO wrong! it's still about the money, they just offer free rides instead cash at least what they want us to believe. IMO I bet maybe half of the top free ride players even get degree, but just stepping stone to NFL or NBA. We talk the talk, but can we walk the walk? doubt it will change anything anyway the children we raised expect it. protesting is out of control disease, which is norm now.
Your point is?
Old 10-07-2017, 01:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

"all that is necessary for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"
British Statesman Edmund Burke
Old 10-07-2017, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
Thanks for a good and adult post.

It is interesting in a story I call...The Adults in the Room.

A group of vets were silently protesting the NFL protests at a practice last week.A number of Seahawk players went out to talk to them. They exchanged their viewpoints and shook hands before parting.

They are the Adults in the Room....both groups.

I hope I am allowed to say this on here with no trouble. I consider it not only very important but basic.

On a thread about Puerto Rico aid, a completely made up story about Puerto Rico citizens not distributing aid was mentioned. On this NFL issue, a fake picture of Michael Bennett if the Seahawks burying the flag has made the rounds.

When you hear of any kind of bad behavior, mostly on email chain letters, PLEASE VERIFY. It is probably not true. The so called fake news is not from the mainstream but the outliers.

This is not meant to be political...it is so basic, and whynspread hate with such lies.

Sorry if anyone considers it political....if you think seriously, it isnt
Great post. It is mature and worthy of Talk of the Villages.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:

You are very articulate and your posts are always thoughtful and thought provoking.

Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
employer, nfl, national, team, amendment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.