My Two Year Old Grandson Is Very Smart - Can Name Every President

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 10:08 AM
Gold member
Default My Two Year Old Grandson Is Very Smart - Can Name Every President

At just 2 years and 10 months old my grandson can name every President just from memory! Do you know who Franklin Pierce looks like?

Check out this video: Two Year Old Can Name All The Presidents! - YouTube
Old 02-25-2021, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

quite impressive!
Old 02-25-2021, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Very impressed.
Think he learnt to read, and is keeping it a secret!
Old 02-25-2021, 10:18 AM
Gold member

That's what is so wild. He still has to learn how to read. Many of those old Presidents looked the same too.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:21 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Very impressed.
Think he learnt to read, and is keeping it a secret!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
That's what is so wild. He still has to learn how to read. Many of those old Presidents looked the same too.

Hey Lottoguy,

Thank you for a smile this morning.

And thank you to LittleLottoguy’s family. It is quite obvious that this is a child with parents and grandparents who love to interact with him — instead of plugging him in, like I see so many people do these days.

I love to watch language develop with little ones, and I really do worry that human interaction has gone by the wayside with some parents who too easily depend on handing toddlers over to technology, the infinitely patient babysitter.

As Two Bills said, it is possible that he knows how to read. Kids who read really early probably do not realize it because their ability is just there. I think they learn to read by some sort of osmosis that happens when they are read to along with the interaction of talking about pictures and words. If you suspect he can read, you probably shouldn’t let on that you know or turn it into “lessons.” You are all having so much fun doing what you are doing, as his language and memory are revealed naturally. He is going to surprise you even more when he casually starts reading signs to you on businesses and roads as you are driving him around in his car seat.

I know a little guy who learned the state capitals from the colorful US map placemat he looked at with his breakfast every morning. (Maybe get your little guy one of those and talk about it with him. )

I just love to talk about how toddlers develop language, but I better stop now before I go on and on even more.

I loved your video. Enjoy these wonderful times with him. They go by the wayside too fast. The toddler years are truly The Wonder Years.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 02-25-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:26 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I can't .
Old 02-26-2021, 07:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Reading

That's really great to hear. So much depends on the parents and whether or not they provide the materials and Early education for kids. I remember reading everything I could get my hands on and believe it or not I really enjoyed the backs of all the cereal boxes. As I'm sure you can imagine back in the day most of us didn't have a lot of money for books or reading materials. I was looking enough to grow up with public libraries nearby once I finally moved out of New York City to New Jersey I loved going to the library all the time. We were also lucky enough to have elementary schools that had physicians and optometrists come in to check our eyesight. I had glasses at an early age. Which really helped me read the blackboards and improved my education. There are so many things that we don't realize that are necessary for our children. God bless America we have free schooling and public libraries and mostly great teachers haha . I remember some really great ones. I wish I could thank them today
Old 02-26-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
At just 2 years and 10 months old my grandson can name every President just from memory! Do you know who Franklin Pierce looks like?

Hey Lotto Guy---I have a history library in my front room. Kids and nieces and nephews are not at all interested in my "stuff". I have a set of leather bound Presidential Biographies from Easton Press I collected from Washington through Clinton. Looking for someone to leave them to who appreciates them! Want to loan me a grandson who appreciates history???? ( I still have one more to read: James Garfield).
Old 02-26-2021, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
That's really great to hear. So much depends on the parents and whether or not they provide the materials and Early education for kids. I remember reading everything I could get my hands on and believe it or not I really enjoyed the backs of all the cereal boxes. As I'm sure you can imagine back in the day most of us didn't have a lot of money for books or reading materials. I was looking enough to grow up with public libraries nearby once I finally moved out of New York City to New Jersey I loved going to the library all the time. We were also lucky enough to have elementary schools that had physicians and optometrists come in to check our eyesight. I had glasses at an early age. Which really helped me read the blackboards and improved my education. There are so many things that we don't realize that are necessary for our children. God bless America we have free schooling and public libraries and mostly great teachers haha . I remember some really great ones. I wish I could thank them today

What a beautiful post. I read early too, did NOT have books in our home. Read the Columbus Dispatch before I went to first grade. We both were blessed with an ability in that area. I think that your post proves that there are also so many things that are NOT necessary for our children and that you cannot hold a lively intellect back from learning, no matter if they are poor as I was too. And sadly, the opposite is true. I wish we could identify and be compassionate about the true strengths and weaknesses of all people.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

He is going to really become something one day. He's got a head start and enjoys what he is doing. Some parents force their kids to play piano or violin, and they end up hating it. It looks like he found that on his own and wants to do it. It's almost like when I was kid and collected baseball cards, I enjoyed it, and learned all the players and teams. Of course ball players won't get you anywhere. Presidents is the way to go.

Being able to memorize all that information at such an early age will be a great benefit. I have a really good memory, so I took it in a direction that was necessary. As air traffic controller at Pensacola Approach I was required to learn all the airspace up to flight level 210 within 50 miles of Pensacola. The 10 different sections, the 20 different frequencies, all the different military and civilian aircraft. The altitude restrictions for ground clearance and radar reception. It's a long learning period and I was only 26 when I arrived. Those without a good memory will wash out.

The point is, he can go into the medical field, aviation as I mention, computers, there are so many fields that require an extensive memory, so don't be surprised by the direction he chooses.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:24 AM

Maybe you should buy a piano or violin for him
Old 02-26-2021, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
He is going to really become something one day. He's got a head start and enjoys what he is doing. Some parents force their kids to play piano or violin, and they end up hating it. It looks like he found that on his own and wants to do it. It's almost like when I was kid and collected baseball cards, I enjoyed it, and learned all the players and teams. Of course ball players won't get you anywhere. Presidents is the way to go.

Being able to memorize all that information at such an early age will be a great benefit. I have a really good memory, so I took it in a direction that was necessary. As air traffic controller at Pensacola Approach I was required to learn all the airspace up to flight level 210 within 50 miles of Pensacola. The 10 different sections, the 20 different frequencies, all the different military and civilian aircraft. The altitude restrictions for ground clearance and radar reception. It's a long learning period and I was only 26 when I arrived. Those without a good memory will wash out.

The point is, he can go into the medical field, aviation as I mention, computers, there are so many fields that require an extensive memory, so don't be surprised by the direction he chooses.
Informative post, kudos!
Old 02-26-2021, 01:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

I would be more impressed if he could name the next one.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:44 PM

maybe he'll get on "Ellen". She's always having super smart little kids on her show.
Closed Thread

Tags
president, grandson, check, video, pierce

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.