N.H. Bill to Make T.S.A. Pat-Downs and Naked Scans a Felony!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
"It's a wretched system and there are better systems, such as in Israel, that do not treat everyone as guilty until proven innocent."

Challenger has already mentioned the prohibitive costs of employing the system utilized in Israel considering the volume of passengers in the USA.

In addition in my view, partially obtained from managing a Federal Air Marshal Office for 5 years, the Israeli system basically views all passengers as possible threats and eliminates them via their extensive use of behavioral assesment tools and lengthy interviews. Are you aware that El Al Airlines require a check in of 4 hours ahead of their departures to be able to complete their screening processes? I don't believe the American flying public would appreciate a check in time of 4 hours prior to flight.

At the end of the day, flying is not a constitutional right but a privilege much the same as driving. I will jump through whatever hoops are necessary to keep me and my fellow passengers safe in flight.
First, I refuse to consider the cost of personal liberty.

As to your willingness to hoop jump, that's fine with me; jump through all the hoops laid before you. The facts available are that the terrorists have already devised methods to beat the TSA's scans and invasive gropings with surgically implanted and body cavity hidden weapons.

The next hoop may be body cavity searches in order to fly or you cannot be assured of a weapons free flight. I assume that hoop you will also jump through. Of course that will not find surgically implanted weapons. So believe you're safe when you give up your own rights to privacy, if you will, but it's a fallacy. The TSA claims it will never do cavity searches, so their assurances of weapons free flights are nonsense.

I'm just pointing out what legislators representing the state of New Hampshire are doing in the interest of rights to privacy in relation to control of your own body. I'm hoping the actions of these public servants will bring this issue to greater national attention and shine more light on the private national police force which is the TSA.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Surgically Implanted Weapons

[QUOTE=RichieLion;335231]First, I refuse to consider the cost of personal liberty.

" The facts available are that the terrorists have already devised methods to beat the TSA's scans and invasive gropings with surgically implanted and body cavity hidden weapons. "

Just out of curiosity, How does one access a surgically implanted Weapon in Flight?

At this point, I'm done, let's agree to disagree and as you mentioned you are not flying anymore so enjoy The Villages.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

[quote=jackz;335236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
First, I refuse to consider the cost of personal liberty.

" The facts available are that the terrorists have already devised methods to beat the TSA's scans and invasive gropings with surgically implanted and body cavity hidden weapons. "

Just out of curiosity, How does one access a surgically implanted Weapon in Flight?

At this point, I'm done, let's agree to disagree and as you mentioned you are not flying anymore so enjoy The Villages.
How can you be done when you asked a question?

Surgery has been devised which will implant explosive material in a women's breast implant. The chemical explosive would be detonated with a chemical reaction by a hypodermic needle. The hypodermic needle will be brought on board by the woman or an accomplice who would be, or pretending to be, diabetic. The woman would inject the chemical detonator into her breast and the deed is done.

The other method is explosive materiel hidden in a body cavity which is detonated with an electric device disguised as a common cell phone or iPod.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

ouch!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Question The Villages, Florida

Why is this posted under discussion of The Villages, Florida??
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Why is this posted under discussion of The Villages, Florida??
You're right!! I really meant for it to be in non-Villages Discussion. I guess we need Tony to fix my mistake. Sorry Tony!!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

What is the probable cause mentioned having to do with an off-duty government security agent (police officer) going to a topless bar with friends for a bachelor or bachelorette party? Would they be charged as a sexual offender?

As I stated before, Richie, this bill will never make it out of committee. It is just puffery to get attention.

You did not answer if you personally know people who have been subjected to this treatment.

It was a great day for golf, wasn't it?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
What is the probable cause mentioned having to do with an off-duty government security agent (police officer) going to a topless bar with friends for a bachelor or bachelorette party? Would they be charged as a sexual offender?

As I stated before, Richie, this bill will never make it out of committee. It is just puffery to get attention.

You did not answer if you personally know people who have been subjected to this treatment.

It was a great day for golf, wasn't it?
Come on, really? A bachelor party, a topless bar? A place, despicable or not, where a woman is paid for her services? Come on, really?

Probable cause to permit a gov't official to search someone is something I'm sure you understand, so I won't insult you by defining it.

You may be right about the outcome of this bill, but I'm just glad for the attempt. If only the liberal media would report on it, so the uniformed populace who only listen to the liberal media would be informed on this issue. Maybe it'll become a story that cannot be ignored; we'll see.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I actually don't fly anymore as I have medical implants and I am going to have to submit to personal indignities every time I fly. I am getting a little tired of the 18 hour drive to N.J. to see my family which I do just to avoid the humiliation at the hands of government agents.
Richie, if you're getting tired of the 18 hour drive to N.J., why do you continue doing it when it's not necessary? You don't need to do the drive or fly as you have a third choice... Amtrak's Auto Train!

If you had reservations and left TV this morning you would only have to take a relatively short drive to Sanford FL where they would board your vehicle onto one of their car carriers and you board either into a sleeping room or electively a coach seat. This afternoon you would have been on your way north and arrive tomorrow morning in Lorton VA, just south of the Washington Beltway.

From Lorton you would then drive to the destination of your relatives in NJ and be enjoying their company later that evening. You would have cut off about 800+ miles of driving and not have undergone the 18 hour drive.

If you decide to try going that route sometime in the future you should note that they have what's called a bucket system of determining rates. This means that the earler you get your reservations in, the better the rates can be. You can make reservations up to 11 months in advance.

We'll actually be doing the Auto Train thing for the fourth time in less than 3 weeks, making our way back to our primary home in Upstate NY.

The Villages Florida http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1241245666320
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down

Quote:
New Hampshire State Representative George Lambert has co-sponsered a bill to make it a felony to view or touch someone's private parts without probable cause. The bill would classify the enhanced pat-down and the viewing of passengers with an x-ray as a sexual assault.

It a first step in the direction to stop this de-humanizing practice which amounts to the equivalent of a state sponsored sexual assault.

Kudos to these representatives for the state of New Hampshire.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...e-498b569ab8ac

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_830342.html
I guess they will close the airport and sell it to developers hahaha dumbest story I have read here ever
Wanabee future TVer
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I talking about an issue. Why are you so condescending? Why do you need to confront me personally?

If the issue doesn't concern you, fine, don't respond to it.

The lawmakers in New Hampshire are making this news, not me. You need to stop obsessing on what I post. It's getting a bit dreary.
I'm just saying that if you keep bringing up the same topic in the general discussion pages of TOTV and then the vast majority knock the snot out of your viewpoints and concerns, why would you continue to keep doing the same thing? Do you really, really think that you are going to change anything? Run for office and make a change happen from within the system instead of just talking about it and letting people poke holes in your argument. Take a stand, don't just talk a stand.

X-asperated
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I'm just saying that if you keep bringing up the same topic in the general discussion pages of TOTV and then the vast majority knock the snot out of your viewpoints and concerns, why would you continue to keep doing the same thing? Do you really, really think that you are going to change anything? Run for office and make a change happen from within the system instead of just talking about it and letting people poke holes in your argument. Take a stand, don't just talk a stand.

X-asperated
You got to stop obsessing about me. It's getting creepy.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Richie, if you're getting tired of the 18 hour drive to N.J., why do you continue doing it when it's not necessary? You don't need to do the drive or fly as you have a third choice... Amtrak's Auto Train!

If you had reservations and left TV this morning you would only have to take a relatively short drive to Sanford FL where they would board your vehicle onto one of their car carriers and you board either into a sleeping room or electively a coach seat. This afternoon you would have been on your way north and arrive tomorrow morning in Lorton VA, just south of the Washington Beltway.

From Lorton you would then drive to the destination of your relatives in NJ and be enjoying their company later that evening. You would have cut off about 800+ miles of driving and not have undergone the 18 hour drive.

If you decide to try going that route sometime in the future you should note that they have what's called a bucket system of determining rates. This means that the earler you get your reservations in, the better the rates can be. You can make reservations up to 11 months in advance.

We'll actually be doing the Auto Train thing for the fourth time in less than 3 weeks, making our way back to our primary home in Upstate NY.

The Villages Florida http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1241245666320

Thanks Skyguy. I'll check it again the next time I need to go up north. It was a bit expensive the last time I checked, but with the price of fuel, I'll reevaluate it.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

OK - aside from JoJo - I am most likely the "travelingist" poster on TOTV. I fly regularly from Orlando to Atlanta, DC, Charlotte, Philly, Toronto, Lauderdale and infrequently to a lot more.

I have been patted down and scanned. The only time the pat down was ever invasive was before TSA - when the rentacops were doing it. That pat down was by a man, who also seemed to take inordinate pleasure in pawing through my underwear in my luggage.

The scanner looks a bit like the "Beam me up Scotty" device from Star Trek. And no, there are no naughty photos of my private parts on display. The TSA folks (and their Canadian counterparts) are completely professional.

My husband has been patted down every time he flies because of his artificial hip. He much prefers the scanner. It is much quicker.

What I really don't understand here, is why this has suddenly become an issue. Why now are they such an invasion of privacy when a few years back they were considered paramount to our safety?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.