Can't Believe it Happened in TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Can't Believe it Happened in TV

I have a memorial bench located across from the Miona Rec Center on Buenavista in rememberance of my wife. Christmas, I placed two poincettias at the bench in celebration of Christmas and to add to the spirit of Christmas. One of the poincettias disappeared.

Last week, I placed two Easter lilies at the bench to celebrate Easter. The next day, both lilies disappeared. Disgruntled, I went to Publix and bought two more Easter lilies and spiked them into the ground next to my wife's bench....just in case the wind had blown the flowers away. Two days later...gone!

I just cannot believe that we have anyone in TV that would steal flowers from a memorial bench. I only hope that someone's mamma was in the hospital and needed to be cheered up and mamma's son or daughter didn't have the money to buy her some flowers so mamma was cheered by my wife's flowers. We would love to donate the flowers for such a cause.

Last edited by Grill Meister; 04-06-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Correction of typos
Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Default Easter Lilly

Please know that as brand new Villagers we were traveling towards lake sumter landing one evening on the cart trail. My husband quickly turned around after he saw 1 lonely Easter Lilly laying tipped over on the ground near the bench. He thought it had fallen off someones cart along the way and picked it up and brought it home. We are truly sorry and can understand how terrible you must have felt seeing the Easter Lilly's disappear. But please understand ours was not an act of disrespect to your memorial. You have our word that the next time we return to the Villages, we will place a flower at your wife's memorial bench.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

You cant beat that, someone owned up to a honest mistake. so good to hear people will still do that.. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Money out
Old 04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage

Wow, I was so quick to jump to judgement after reading the original post. I was angry and saddened that someone would take the flowers. I was dreaming up every scenerio that could have happened trying to justify what happened....except what really did happen. Well, at least to one of the lilies.

Linda and Ray, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. Your honesty about your hubbie making a simple mistake is truely admirable.

Even though it doesn't solve the issue of the other flowers not being present on your dear wife's memorial GILMERMURRAY, I hope Linda's honesty makes you feel better.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda & Ray View Post
Please know that as brand new Villagers we were traveling towards lake sumter landing one evening on the cart trail. My husband quickly turned around after he saw 1 lonely Easter Lilly laying tipped over on the ground near the bench. He thought it had fallen off someones cart along the way and picked it up and brought it home. We are truly sorry and can understand how terrible you must have felt seeing the Easter Lilly's disappear. But please understand ours was not an act of disrespect to your memorial. You have our word that the next time we return to the Villages, we will place a flower at your wife's memorial bench.

Linda & Ray - I'm a wanna-be....I WILL get there some day. Now, I'm in a new wanna-be club. You are EXACTLY the kind of neighbor I wanna' be next to when I move there. Your note brought tears to my eyes. You are truly wonderful people. So glad you posted your apology !! God Bless.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 PM

This is my first post but was inspired to do so because upon reading this I knew which Linda and Ray this is. Without even talking to them I knew it was my brother- in -law and sister- in -law. They are the type of people you want for a neighbor and a friend. As they said it was a mistake and you can be assured they will replace the flowers out of respect when they return.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Sage

Welcome to Talk of the Villages (TOV) mr and mrs bike. You are blessed to have such admirable relatives. It was a mistake anyone could have easily made. Very honorable that sister-in-law of yours. You could read the sincerity in her post.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have a lot of good people in this very good place.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Sage

Linda & Ray, it was very kind of you to let GILMERMURRAY know what happened.

GILMERMURRAY, your memorial for your wife and desire to find a positive explanation for the missing flowers bespeaks a kind and loving heart.

Thank you for the posts. I am so touched.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Just my two cents, but could CW be removing them also? I know the intent is good, but I would believe that is a violation of the cov.

Army Guy
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Just my two cents, but could CW be removing them also? I know the intent is good, but I would believe that is a violation of the cov.

Army Guy
There is a memorial bench near me here in a park. At holiday time a window box that hooks on the back appears with flowers in it.
Also on Feb 20th, I assume the date the person died. I bet they do that so the park lawn guys don't mess with the flowers.

Just a thought
Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Last year a gentleman wrote of his Memorial bench for his wife and the Easter Lily that was missing . My Brother- in- law and Sister- in -law, Ray and Linda posted they had found the lily and thought that it had fallen off someone's cart. When they read the post and knew they had picked up the missing lily they promised to replace it the next time they returned to The Villages.
True to their word, they returned and put some tulips on the Memorial bench.

Last edited by mr and mrs bike; 03-19-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr and mrs bike View Post
Last year a gentleman wrote of his Memorial bench for his wife and the Easter Lily that was missing . My Brother- in- law and Sister- in -law, Ray and Linda Yarkey posted they had found the lily and thought that it had fallen off someone's cart. When they read the post and knew they had picked up the missing lily they promised to replace it the next time they returned to The Villages.
Dear Ray and Linda,
I love you!

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Bike,
Thanks for sharing this heartwarming happy ending.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr and mrs bike View Post
Last year a gentleman wrote of his Memorial bench for his wife and the Easter Lily that was missing . My Brother- in- law and Sister- in -law, Ray and Linda posted they had found the lily and thought that it had fallen off someone's cart. When they read the post and knew they had picked up the missing lily they promised to replace it the next time they returned to The Villages.
Your brother and sister-in-laws certainly deserve any and all kudos received for their honesty. At the same time we all know there are others, not quite as honest as Ray & Linda, are who would not have any hesitation to shamelessly take what what they know they are stealing (not finding like Ray & Linda did) and from a place they know it belongs.

May I suggest to anyone who runs into a similar occurance to consider, the next time, donating to a charity they know their loved one supported and do so in their memory instead of doing the flower placement. You not only honor your loved one, but as a bonus you also do somthing good for others at the same time! Again, kudos to Ray & Linda!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-20-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda & Ray View Post

Now that is what a TRUE Villager is like...

AJ

p.s. Thanks for showing others the way!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.