N.H. Bill to Make T.S.A. Pat-Downs and Naked Scans a Felony!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Assuredly Kate knows of which she speaks.

So do all the rest who have traveled by air recently.

There really isn't a problem that I can perceive.

I would do anything to make air travel safer. I have no problem with whatever it takes to keep people from getting on airplanes carrying dangerous items.

Sometimes people who are not related to you have to touch your body; Doctors, nurses, technicians,hair dressers, people who fit prostheses, people in airports. You would know if someone is feeling you up. Not everyone is sex crazed. Although my overweight, older, wrinkled body is probably a huge temptation.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-04-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Assuredly Kate knows of which she speaks.

So do all the rest who have traveled by air recently.

There really isn't a problem that I can perceive.

I would do anything to make air travel safer. I have no problem with whatever it takes to keep people from getting on airplanes carrying dangerous items.

Sometimes people who are not related to you have to touch your body; Doctors, nurses, technicians,hair dressers, people who fit prostheses, people in airports. You would know if someone is feeling you up. Not everyone is sex crazed. Although my overweight, older, wrinkled body is probably a huge temptation.
OK; I guess all the pro TSA'ers are completely ignoring the evidence that it's all a sham anyway and it's not making you safer, as you can find out if you would do any investigating whatsoever.

I would prefer real safety protocols instead of all the feel good theatre that the pro TSA'ers have swallowed whole.

In the meantime we'll see what, if anything, comes out of the Bill before the New Hampshire Assembly that, you may be surprised, was not written by me, but by elected lawmakers by the voters of New Hampshire.

Really, all I did was report the story.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Default Thank you for posting this info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
OK; I guess all the pro TSA'ers are completely ignoring the evidence that it's all a sham anyway and it's not making you safer, as you can find out if you would do any investigating whatsoever.

I would prefer real safety protocols instead of all the feel good theatre that the pro TSA'ers have swallowed whole.

In the meantime we'll see what, if anything, comes out of the Bill before the New Hampshire Assembly that, you may be surprised, was not written by me, but by elected lawmakers by the voters of New Hampshire.

Really, all I did was report the story.
There needs to be some REAL safety protocals implemented. The removal and scanning of shoes was a "knee-jerk" answer to the shoe bomber. Do I feel safer having to have my crocs sent through a scanner while I limp through the line with no support to my arches? NO!

My biggest concern with these invasive scans/pat downs is that there are plans to extend these measures, in the near future, to rail service. At that point, are all the folks that say "oh, but flying is a choice...blah, blah, blah..." going to say once again that using the rail system is a choice? Where does the invasion into our rights to be "innocent until proven guilty" end?

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandj View Post
There needs to be some REAL safety protocals implemented. The removal and scanning of shoes was a "knee-jerk" answer to the shoe bomber. Do I feel safer having to have my crocs sent through a scanner while I limp through the line with no support to my arches? NO!

My biggest concern with these invasive scans/pat downs is that there are plans to extend these measures, in the near future, to rail service. At that point, are all the folks that say "oh, but flying is a choice...blah, blah, blah..." going to say once again that using the rail system is a choice? Where does the invasion into our rights to be "innocent until proven guilty" end?
Probably when there are no more terrorists trying to blow up trains and planes.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

From what I have read on these posts, is that no one personally has had "invasive" pat downs with groping of private areas - as described on Fox News (I had to put that in for Richie). A couple have had the full body scans and have no problem with it. This seems to be a total non-issue here.

Once again, just a politician puffering to make a point and contributing to the greenhouse gas problem when they open their mouth.

Last edited by Tbugs; 03-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandj View Post
My biggest concern with these invasive scans/pat downs is that there are plans to extend these measures, in the near future, to rail service. At that point, are all the folks that say "oh, but flying is a choice...blah, blah, blah..." going to say once again that using the rail system is a choice?
Is rail system a choice? Now let me think about this a minute.....The Villages Florida....YES, YES, MOST DEFINITELY YES!

Flying is a choice, rail is a choice, even driving is a choice. All these modes of travel are definitely a choice!!! I don't know about you, but I've yet to see anyone being forced at gun point or by any other means to use those first two modes of transportation! The only real non-choice that is apparant here is our RIGHT to remain DEAD once killed by a terrorist getting by inadequate security, blah, blah, blah...!

Heaven knows that there's plenty of room for security proceedures to be improved in this country, but until our current government leaders wakes up and improves those proceedures, I'll opt to put my junk out there at non-violent risk instead of my life at REAL risk! And if those leaders don't wake up... then let's replace them with leaders who will!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Is rail system a choice? Now let me think about this a minute.....The Villages Florida....YES, YES, MOST DEFINITELY YES!

Flying is a choice, rail is a choice, even driving is a choice. All these modes of travel are definitely a choice!!! I don't know about you, but I've yet to see anyone being forced at gun point or by any other means to use those first two modes of transportation! The only real non-choice that is apparant here is our RIGHT to remain DEAD once killed by a terrorist getting by inadequate security, blah, blah, blah...!

Heaven knows that there's plenty of room for security proceedures to be improved in this country, but until our current government leaders wakes up and improves those proceedures, I'll opt to put my junk out there at non-violent risk instead of my life at REAL risk! And if those leaders don't wake up... then let's replace them with leaders who will!

X-cellent!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

I'll only leave you with my TOTV signature which one of the most insightful of our founding fathers articulated in his usual brilliant way. He had a true American spirit.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Mr Franklins words are still wise. Context is important. Living in the Villages we have agreed to give up discharging firearms in our yard, speeding on public roads, driving an auto without insurance and much much more. We need to vigorously test every relinqueshment of rights against it effectiveness in protecting our physical existence. Obviously we will differ in opinion on many issues. Democracy is messy but should produce the greatest good for the largest number of persons without undue disadvantage to the minority. As for the TSA issues, we the public do not know many of the circumstances that have caused implication of what seem to be silly procedures. So, the debate goes on..
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Richie - I love your quote.... But many also used this in reference to the Patriot Act.

I agree we need to stay ahead of the bad guys... and that small amounts of liquid or shoes may be knee jerk reactions.... But wouldn't we all fee stupid if another shoe bomber was allowed to board wearing shoes with explosives because we didn't check? Well, not all of us, of course.... as some would feel nothing at all - they would be those that died. Flying as often as I do, I'm thankful that we are using technology to keep the air safe.

And just, in terms of full disclosure, no products or services that I sell are used in any airport scanning devices.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage

Now Texas joins the fight with a Bill co-sponsered by Rep. David Simpson with a bipartisan group of 18 Texas lawmakers. The Bill would make it a civil penalty for anyone installing or operating whole body imaging machines in airports. The penalty could be $1000 a day.

The bill is supported by the Travis County Republican Party, the Travis County Libertarian Party and, surprisingly to me, the liberal ACLU chapter in Texas. Also on board is the Texans for Accountable Government which campaigned for a resolution against the scanners in the city of Austin

If it becomes law Texas joins New Hampshire and N.J. with bills challenging these measures.

http://www.lonestarreport.org/Blog/t...nner-bill.aspx
Old 03-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
and, surprisingly to me, the liberal ACLU chapter in Texas.
Not surprising to me at all... the ACLU has opposed these measures from day 1. The administrations (both Dem and Rep) have said that we need to up our security game - even if some freedoms are lost.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Veteran member
Default No chance to become laws

Political Puffery
Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Political Puffery

Agree - wake me up when they become law. Until then - "assume the position"
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Agree - wake me up when they become law. Until then - "assume the position"
Not everyone is as willing to give up their God given and Constitutionally protected freedoms in hopes of an elusive sense of security without at least a fight.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.