N.H. Bill to Make T.S.A. Pat-Downs and Naked Scans a Felony!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Not everyone is as willing to give up their God given and Constitutionally protected freedoms in hopes of an elusive sense of security without at least a fight.
God given? Really? Give me a link for that one.

You stand guard, we'll be right behind you. You may not see us, but we're there. Sigh...

X-cruciatingly tedious
Old 03-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
God given? Really? Give me a link for that one.

You stand guard, we'll be right behind you. You may not see us, but we're there. Sigh...

X-cruciatingly tedious
You might not believe in a God given right to privacy of your own body, and you might be willing to have your body manhandled at the whim of the government. There are plenty of freedom loving and free thinking Americans who would heartily disagree with you.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not everyone is as willing to give up their God given and Constitutionally protected freedoms in hopes of an elusive sense of security without at least a fight.

Just feel that my time can be use more wisely. Honestly, it doesn't even crack my top 10 on things I'm concerned about.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Just feel that my time can be use more wisely. Honestly, it doesn't even crack my top 10 on things I'm concerned about.
You keep reading and commenting though Russ. I'm just saying.

It's interesting when people take on the powers that be. We're the new Anti-Establishment. We're fighting Big Brother (actually, Big Sis).

"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves."
~ Henry David Thoreau
Old 03-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

Okay, Richie. Drink your warm milk now.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Okay, Richie. Drink your warm milk now.
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." Saul Alinsky

You must have read these words comrade.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
You keep reading and commenting though Russ. I'm just saying.

It's interesting when people take on the powers that be. We're the new Anti-Establishment. We're fighting Big Brother (actually, Big Sis).

"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves."
~ Henry David Thoreau
I'm interested but just not really concerned one way or the other. But do keep us up to date so I know how much time it will take at the security line.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Richie,

Were you as opposed to having our library borrowing habits looked into by the government?

I am continually astounded (why I don't know) by the hypocrisy of our politicians... Ho hum...
Old 03-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Richie,

Were you as opposed to having our library borrowing habits looked into by the government?

I am continually astounded (why I don't know) by the hypocrisy of our politicians... Ho hum...
Was that ever done? Is Obama's team with the same and even greater powers doing it now? I've seen and find no stories to suggest it.

I concerned about the rights to my own body and am in deviance of attempts at search and seizure with no probable cause.

As a woman, I would think you'd be concerned about these rights also.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Was that ever done? Is Obama's team with the same and even greater powers doing it now? I've seen and find no stories to suggest it.

I concerned about the rights to my own body and am in deviance of attempts at search and seizure with no probable cause.

As a woman, I would think you'd be concerned about these rights also.
Richie,

Go re-read the Patriot Act.

And as a woman traveler, if you read my prior post, the ONLY time I have even had an inappropriate pat down was before the TSA came into being. The rentacop came very close to putting his wand (no I don't mean this a double entendre, really!) into a very private place.

Since TSA began (I am guessing about 9 years ago), I have probably flown 600+ times domestically. No inappropriate pat downs, none. They have not always been friendly and smiling; they have not always been efficient. But they have never been inappropriate.

By the way, this equipment was first deployed in the US in 2007 - yep - 2007. This is why I agree with several of the previous posters that all of this uproar is politically motivated.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I'm interested but just not really concerned one way or the other. But do keep us up to date so I know how much time it will take at the security line.
Agree.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
OMG, THEIR GONNA SEIZE OUR JUNK NOW? The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Devaluation

Just kind of curious here - Can anyone enlighten me as to why what used to be called "The Family Jewels" is now referred to as "Junk"?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Just kind of curious here - Can anyone enlighten me as to why what used to be called "The Family Jewels" is now referred to as "Junk"?
I was actually going to use both terms Jewels and Junk! Anyway, this video shows what started the Junk term being used:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJC-FuOSZ4[/ame]
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
You might not believe in a God given right to privacy of your own body, and you might be willing to have your body manhandled at the whim of the government. There are plenty of freedom loving and free thinking Americans who would heartily disagree with you.
Well Richie, when the TSA insists on scanning you and you invoke your God given right to privacy of your own body, I hope to be in line to watch that show. In case I am not let me know how that worked for you!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.