Osama Bin Laden

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Osama Bin Laden

I just heard that we finally got the SOB. I haven't gotten any details yet but I hope this can bring some peace to the world!!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Yes, he is dead. Awaiting words from our President.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Sage

Yep, heard the great news. Waiting to hear more...
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Sage

I heard it and read he was killed a week ago. Officials were waiting on DNA confirmation before releasing the info. I'm surprised he's lasted this long. Healthwise and otherwise. Waiting on the President.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is bound to be retaliation.

It is almost like hearing Hitler was dead. I was just a little girl but I remember hearing it with relief.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 AM

It's a great day for our country!

God Bless America and the armed forces that serves our great country.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Veteran member

I am just hoping that his death leads to the end of our concerns with this faction, but I fear that someone else will just step into his shoes and on and on. Let's all hope for the best.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Time to Give Thanks

As we all welcome the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden and Americans congratulate our Country and especially our Military, I thought it would be a good time to consider all of us giving back a bit to those that made this event possible.

Special Operations Units of the Military (Delta, Seals, Green Beret, Air Force and Marine Special Forces) have made this day possible. Although many times they are forced to operate in the shadows and avoid taking credit for their actions.

I ask that you take a look at the following link: www.specialops.org to learn of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This foundation has received a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator for the last 5 years (Only 5% of charities qualify for this distinction).

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholorship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of Special Operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded Special Operations personnel and their families.

I ask that you consider making a donation to this worthwhile charity as a small way for us to show our gratitude. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hard to believe

it took 10 years to catch a 7 foot guy on dialysis!....Yipsters! I know I'll get blasted for this one BUT is anyone else surprised that the Navy Seals accomplished this operation....I associate the Navy with WATER!....You would think the Green Beret, CIA, FBI, Marines etc.....Glad they were able to complete this mission thou! After reading TOTV posts, I now understand that SEALS, are the best of the best and applaud them...

Last edited by jebartle; 05-03-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
As we all welcome the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden and Americans congratulate our Country and especially our Military, I thought it would be a good time to consider all of us giving back a bit to those that made this event possible.

Special Operations Units of the Military (Delta, Seals, Green Beret, Air Force and Marine Special Forces) have made this day possible. Although many times they are forced to operate in the shadows and avoid taking credit for their actions.

I ask that you take a look at the following link: www.specialops.org to learn of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. This foundation has received a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator for the last 5 years (Only 5% of charities qualify for this distinction).

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholorship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of Special Operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded Special Operations personnel and their families.

I ask that you consider making a donation to this worthwhile charity as a small way for us to show our gratitude. Thanks.

I'm going to log on to their site a bit later this morning. Yes a big thanks to our special forces and our military. Unfortunately I will be flying in two days and I'm sure the boarding will be on special alert. Glad they got the SOB.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

What else can I say?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Time to pull out this old emblem of our unity
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	230px-Naval_Jack_of_the_United_States_svg.png
Views:	123
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	254  
Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Sage

Sadly, I don't think it will make any real difference in the operations of Al Queda (sp?)
Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm thrilled he is gone but his death frightens me. To me, he was as evil as Hitler and his crew. However, when Hitler died, that was it. Their power base was more or less destroyed as well. That is not the case with the Taliban. They still have leaders, money, a following and a focus that the Nazis of yesterday and today do not have. I hope and pray there is no retaliation but I doubt that will be the case.

So, for now, I'll rejoice in the removal of something as evil as Osama Bin Laden and pray that this will end a tragic chapter in the history of the U.S. Americans deserve to celebrate this but, sadly, still be vigilant.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Agree

Yes the King Cobra is dead. Hooray! But lets be very careful and keep our eyes open because there are many more snakes in the grass that may have just been awakened.God Bless America & Our Troops who keep us safe!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.