Nativity Scenes.

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I always got in trouble for taking Jesus out of the manger and putting other items in:

Bite size Tootsie Roll

An Easter Bunny

Cooked green bean

G I Joe

[QUOTE=Barefoot;
I'll venture a guess - you haven't changed![/QUOTE]
I bet the green bean was last year.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
I told my wife it symbolized us newly married....two incomplete people made more perfect when bound together.
A beautiful love story.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Sorry for the long post...the topic brought back some memories.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Don't ever apologize for a post like that, it was just wonderful and brought back many happy memories for me too! Thank you.

I will add that one year our oldest son decided to go out into the woods and cut the Christmas tree. He and his little brother brought home the saddest little tree (all the branches were on one side) you have ever seen. We told him it was beautiful, he and his brother decorated it with many home and school made decorations and it was BEAUTIFUL. When we came down here I gave them all their home made ornaments and they still use them. Great memories!

Now they are both successful and their tree and the gifts are from high end stores, but I often wonder if they get the enjoyment that we got from our "home made" days.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-26-2017, 02:14 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

For years we had a tradition of tagging our tree at a local tree farm in like July...the very first family to tag a tree every year. This was because we were so picky and did not want to fight crowds and brush snow off dozens of trees looking for the perfect tree. The owners of the tree farm loved it and would start looking up the mountain for a few dozen red bows and our waterproof tag on our tree.

My father in law would also get his tree there, although he always waited and did what most folks do...find it and cut it the same day.

He was well known in the community (and a forestry major). One year as a joke I found the ugliest tree and tagged it with his name on it. Tons of folks saw it and laughed. When they would see him in town, they told him they liked his tree this year. He did not know what they were talking about.

It was a well received good natured joke.

I know this thread is about Nativity scenes. Sorry if I want off topic.

Frank

Tags
nativity, enjoy, year, setting, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.