need advice--adjustable beds

Old 11-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Question need advice--adjustable beds

need advice about adjustable beds, such as Craftmatic, tempur-pedic etc.... Does anyone have one of these beds and have problems with their dog/cat getting under the bed. I worry about pet getting caught in the hydraulics under the bed and getting injured. Please advise

Old 11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We fosters a cat for a while. We thought she had gotten out of the house and run away. After frantically searching the neighborhood, we discovered she had a been hiding up under the foundation. We had looked under the bed, but she was up into it, so we couldn't see her.

Our own cat goes under the bed but doesn't actually get into the foundation like the foster did. I imagine the second you hid one of the controls, the cat will go flying, if he/she is indeed under there.

Now....unsolicited advice. Look for one that is a wall hugger. Ours is not, and it's a pain to have the head raised and try to use the night table. The lamp is "way back there", so doesn't work well for reading.

We bought ours at Relax in Comfort at LSL. We had trouble with the original pump, so they replaced it with a new, improved, model. I would NEVER have bought the bed in the first place with the new pump.....OH.....forgot to mention, ours is an air bed. I had an air bed before, but it was sefl adjusting. With ours, you get to select... like a sleep number. The old, original pump let you release or add air, and you could feel the firmness "at that moment", so when you got to perfect, you could stop. The new pump....you have to press the button, then stop and let the bed fill, then re-adjust, as needed. Up and down with the air, looking for the right spot.

So, our fancy, expensive, bed is NOT what I wanted, and it's NOT what I bought. They wouldn't even talk to us about trading it for a different (their version of a temper-pedic) bed.

Love the adjustable head and foot part. BTW, the massage feature is probably not worth the extra money. We used it almost daily for the first month, or so, then.......seldom, if ever.

Last edited by casita37; 11-07-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: to add more...

Old 11-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwidman View Post
need advice about adjustable beds, such as Craftmatic, tempur-pedic etc.... Does anyone have one of these beds and have problems with their dog/cat getting under the bed. I worry about pet getting caught in the hydraulics under the bed and getting injured. Please advise

We bought ours from Relax in Comfort-Canal St, Sumter Landing. Love them. We bought 2 twins and put them together as a king. Have had them 2 1/2years.
We Have a 10 lb dachshund and 15 lb Boston Terrier. Have never had a problem with their going underneath. We have them in a King sleigh bed frame.
Tampa, FL

Old 11-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwidman View Post
need advice about adjustable beds, such as craftmatic, tempur-pedic etc.... Does anyone have one of these beds and have problems with their dog/cat getting under the bed. I worry about pet getting caught in the hydraulics under the bed and getting injured. Please advise

we have had adjustable beds for years and none of the kids ever crawled under there and got hurt. They go on the bed, not under it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.