Need British Pounds

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Default Need British Pounds

We are going to London, then on a cruise.
We need a few British Pounds. Does anyone have some leftover which you would like to part with?
Old 09-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Pounds

In the dozen or so times I have been to England, I have learned not to get them beforehand, but upon arrival, go to a ATM with my debit card to get them, at thats days rate.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
In the dozen or so times I have been to England, I have learned not to get them beforehand, but upon arrival, go to a ATM with my debit card to get them, at thats days rate.
Good info. You can travel anywhere in the UK and stop in the smallest village and they will have pounds sterling available in their local banks, and all the banks have the exchange rate posted.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

Airport merchants take credit cards. If you have a travel credit card they will only charge exchange rate, no surcharge. Some merchants will ask if you want to be charged in pounds or dollars, and they give you their exchange rate, which may be good, may be not so good.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, pounds, leftover, part, cruise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.