Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Neighbor plants on your property (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/neighbor-plants-your-property-318314/)

New Englander 04-05-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1926465)
Courtyard villas have a side yard easement that allows your next door neighbor to landscape and maintain a strip of land that you own along the side of your house.

Very true. I own a Courtyard Villa and this is the way it is.

tophcfa 04-05-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decadeofdave (Post 1926523)
Small drill and some copper sulfate will do the trick

I was thinking of pouring a bag of rock salt around the root system of the tree, but the copper sulfate would do the trick also. Another option would be a chain saw powered by a lithium Ion battery, those things are very quiet.

Bogie Shooter 04-05-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westy (Post 1926449)
My neighbor, whom I never met, planted a tree partially on my property and disconnected his water nozzle (from his irrigation system) and connected my irrigation system to that nozzle that is watering his tree.
He is now selling his house and is not living there.
What would you do?
Is there a local (the Villages) agency or community complaint center that would handle this?
Thank you. Westy

In the end it pays to know your neighbors.

Call deed compliance.

Mrprez 04-05-2021 09:02 PM

Fix the irrigation, pull the tree up and toss it out in the trash.

Stu from NYC 04-05-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1926674)
In the end it pays to know your neighbors.

Call deed compliance.

Hard when neighbor doesnt spend much time there.

banjobob 04-06-2021 04:46 AM

I was to
told by the community standards there no tree restrictions in villas , if you live in a villa have it removed.

nick demis 04-06-2021 05:40 AM

Make sure all letters are registered so you have proof of sending them in case it becomes a legal matter.

Bogie Shooter 04-06-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1926732)
Hard when neighbor doesnt spend much time there.

Much?

crash 04-06-2021 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decadeofdave (Post 1926523)
Small drill and some copper sulfate will do the trick

Not really then you will have a dead tree. If he recently planted it you can just grab it and pull it out.

jimkerr 04-06-2021 06:26 AM

I would just remove it especially since he hooked up to your sprinkler system.

Skunky1 04-06-2021 06:35 AM

First send letters with a return receipt to the owner and the broker who has the listing. If it is the Villages listing send the letter to the village real estate office naming the agent and the violation. It is the brokers responsibility to pass on a defect to the prospective buyer. Failure to do so would place the broker at risk of having to cure the defect themselves. Contact community standards along with your name and address contact information which now some villages require and file a formal complaint against the owner.

cafw1 04-06-2021 06:45 AM

Yes, there is a place to complain. Call Deeds Restrictions 352-751-3912. The office is open Monday thru Friday and is located at Sumter Square. There are rules against this and they will act on it immediately. You might have to give your name if the problem can't be seen from the street and you'll have to give Deeds Restrictions permission to enter your property to take pictures in order to make the neighbor take care of the problem. Your situation sounds like it could be a theft problem in addition to a violation of Villages rules. I have a problem neighbor too who thinks she can encroach on my property and Deeds Restrictions solved that problem. They are great!

JoeManz99 04-06-2021 06:45 AM

Pull out the tree and put sod in

TandHSTAR@AOL.com 04-06-2021 06:53 AM

disconnect his set up. it's your property. How did he manage to plant a tree on part of your property?

Petersweeney 04-06-2021 07:02 AM

That poor tree’s ears must be ringing