Nero fiddled while Rome burned

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
The thread title maybe should have read, "Where are the gentle, peace-loving muslims?"

But then, there would have been few or no replies except:

crickets

crickets

crickets……
What do you think would the reaction be to a large group of traditional dressed Muslims from the Clermont Islam Center showing up for the evening entertainment at our squares?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
What do you think would the reaction be to a large group of traditional dressed Muslims from the Clermont Islam Center showing up for the evening entertainment at our squares?
They would not come and join you kiddo. They don't like drinking and they don't like dog saliva.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
PLEASE don't talk about the crusades. This is the world today. Those people are gone. We are well informed and open minded and we can say whatever we want. A poster this morning wondered why churches weren't taxed. This threat is a new one. I HATE it when people change the subject or minimize something so horrible. I was aware of the children in Syria. I think the problem is going to get really bigger than it has been. I am a woman, a mother, a grandmother. I remember the wars and I hate war but we can't just sit on our hands and act like this isn't happening.

AND... We could have sent someone with more stature than the French ambassador to the March.
AND...You said on another post you stopped watching Fox News.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I think there would be little or no reaction because there is great variety of people and cultures in The Villages and at the squares.

More to the point is that if they came, they wouldn't be here to speak out vocally and demonstratively against the evil hijackers of their true religion, like ISIS and Al Qaeda. They'd be here to relax and enjoy some entertainment as the rest of us do.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
AND...You said on another post you stopped watching Fox News.
THAT my dear was on CNN and MSNBC. Imagine that.

And I didn't say I'd stopped watching Fox. I switch channels. The anchors are just giving their own opinion. Christiane Amanpour who won't say extremist told us what the talk was on the street...those people couldn't say extremist either. Do you get where I am going. Trying to think for yourself requires use of the remote.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Yes, this slaughter in Nigeria, the terrorist attack in Paris, ISIS atrocities in Syria, Iraq, and elsewhere, a blogger in Saudi Arabia sentenced to 1000 lashes and 40 years prison time for disrespecting Allah.....? These are all completely unrelated and isolated events, right?
Yep, they are. Let's go back to bed, or place our heads back in the sand .... whatever is more convenient. Nothing to be concerned about.
Sharia law? It can't happen here. This is America.
My one liner to Gracie about her "going back to bed" remark may have seemed flippant, and I guess it was. On the other hand I have lived long enough to have seen continual African tribal wars, killings, torture, you name it done in the name of being from the wrong tribe, or in the name of religion, that I just cannot take in any more. I am horrified that hundreds of young girls, along with their families, are being kidnapped and end up God knows where. What to do about it - I have no idea, do you? How to stop it after hundreds of years, I don't know that either and I'm sure if our government knew they would do something about it. We cannot take on the world's problems, we have enough of our own and we are not doing such a good job with that either!

All I do know is that these problems are not going away overnight. You can throw billions of dollars at it and the rich are going to get richer and the poor are going to get poorer.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Sage

the worrisome thing is that these groups are getting bigger, stronger, richer, and have the goal to fly the black Muslim flag atop our white house. so we cannot turn away and say that it is only happening far away and none of our business....we can take steps to weaken them as i said in my previous post. most of all we must vehemently oppose any use of sharia law in our courts....support the law ALAC american laws for american courts. this is a bipartisan issue!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
the worrisome thing is that these groups are getting bigger, stronger, richer, and have the goal to fly the black Muslim flag atop our white house. so we cannot turn away and say that it is only happening far away and none of our business....we can take steps to weaken them as i said in my previous post. most of all we must vehemently oppose any use of sharia law in our courts....support the law ALAC american laws for american courts. this is a bipartisan issue!
Please recheck your information. The flag you mention is NOT the Black Muslim flag but the flag of the Islamic State.

What are some of the examples of Sharia law that are being used in the US now? Naturally, I would not like to see progressive laws such as legality of women's choice or same sex marriage turned back to the dark days.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Sage

i did not capitalize Black, if you will notice....no reference to black muslims at all...but you are more precise, thank you.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i did not capitalize Black, if you will notice....no reference to black muslims at all...but you are more precise, thank you.
I actually misunderstood. It is the flag that is the color black and is a muslim flag.

Yes, i agree we must be vigilant to maintain the American laws and the two I mentioned are among those that would be in jeopardy under mideast religious law.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Sage

We must be politically correct at any cost, even our way of life and our lives itself.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.