Police Officer appreciation Day

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Default Police Officer appreciation Day

Today is Police Officer appreciation Day, how will you honor them?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up

Law Enforcement Appreciation Day 2019, MPD - YouTube

Thanks to all the retired cops who read Talk of the Villages as well as to the acting ones who may also look at sections of TOTV.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't know, but I do. I am very grateful.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Thanks to all of you. A very difficult job in difficult times. Thanks for watching out for all of us now and in the past.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 01-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

The same as I do everyday - say a prayer for the safety of my son and all other LEO's and proudly display my Blue Lives Matter flag along with my American flag.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm sorry for the trouble I caused the Officers when I was a young trouble maker. A trouble maker back then was different than a trouble maker now. The Officers always did the same thing, They delivered me to my father. I would have rather gone to Court and Jail then face him when he was upset.

The only thing Dad told me I would really get me lite up was if he saw his Last Name in the Newspaper. He never did. Whew.

Thank God for our Officers. When I see someone I classify as a low life get in their grill and scream some foolishness at them and they just stand there and take it, I'm just amazed, those Officers could disassemble those creeps but have the mental fortitude to not touch them, I'm not that strong. Bless them all. I promise to keep behaving. It's been 40 plus years since I goofed up bigly!

Last edited by Nucky; 01-10-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: speellink
Old 01-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm sorry for the trouble I caused the Officers when I was a young trouble maker. A trouble maker back then was different than a trouble maker now. The Officers always did the same thing, They delivered me to my father. I would have rather gone to Court and Jail then face him when he was upset.

The only thing Dad told me I would really get me lit up was if he saw his Last Name in the Newspaper. He never did. Whew.

Thank God for our Officers. When I see someone I classify as a low life get in their grill and scream some foolishness at them and they just stand there and take it, I'm just amazed, those Officers could disassemble those creeps but have the mental fortitude to not touch them, I'm not that strong. Bless them all. I promise to keep behaving. It's been 40 plus years since I goofed up bigly!
That happened to me when I got in with a bad crowd. The cops put me in a small cell with my friend who kept blaming me but it had been his idea to bring back a duck from Virginia Lake for his brother- in- law's breakfast. He was way up a tree when the cops were called. I was going to hand him the biggest rock I could find. This was when I was about 13.

The cops called my Dad. He was a friend of Mills Lane which helped quite a bit in tight situations. Mills Lane was the District Attorney or something like that and is the guy who refereed the Tyson-Holyfield ear biting fight among various other prize fights.

I got away from this group after witnessing some very violent and nasty things and having one of them point a loaded and fully pumped BB gun at my eye. I managed to convince him to try to shoot between my fingers. He missed and put a BB in my left pinky. That was enough ill treatment by this group of "friends". The guy got a beat down by another one of my "friends" and was stuck in some kind of mental health treatment facility for juveniles for a while. Never saw the BB shooter again.

I started reading a lot of books and writing my great Uncle a letter every week.

Both my brothers also got involved with this group of kids from the wrong side of town. I did really like one of the girls in this group of kids. I ran into her in college at the University of Nevada, Reno and then she married a rancher not soon after that.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-10-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:25 AM

Front row seats to the saddest show on earth.. God Bless the Men and Women who go out every day to keep us safe.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
Today is Police Officer appreciation Day, how will you honor them?
I don't need a special day, I honor and respect them every day.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
police, appreciation, day, officer, honor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.