New Apts. no age limit, income restricted on 466 just past Morse Blvd.

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2020, 06:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

It is desperately needed if The Villages are going to need employees. There is 50 applications for every apt under 1350 a month and if young people can not find affordable housing close by ,the service industry will go down hill fast.
Be grateful, this will make The Villages restaurants, stores, etc. run smoothly with great service. More young folks, better choice of employees, happier everyone is!!
Old 05-13-2020, 07:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
It is desperately needed if The Villages are going to need employees. There is 50 applications for every apt under 1350 a month and if young people can not find affordable housing close by the service industry will go down hill fast.
Be grateful, this will make The Villages restaurants, stores, etc. run smoothly with great service. More young folks, better choice of employees, happier everyone is!!
That makes perfect sense.

Just as urban areas are finding out that it takes those, who some people would otherwise and previously turn their noses up at, to maintain basic services - TV also needs lots of employees to maintain the massive infrastructure.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Run for the hills, the dam is about to break...……..
Old 05-13-2020, 09:19 AM
Sage

I can't believe some genius implied we would all need alarms on our homes now because of the new apartments
Old 05-13-2020, 09:36 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGE ALARM View Post
More growth means more crime. Village Alarm is here to help you feel safe in your own home.
For more than 20 years I owned a self storage facility surrounded by apartments and enjoyed good rental income. Then the city granted Section 8 status to the apartments. The crime soon became so bad around my property that business people in the area started carrying hand guns at all times. Because the apartments lost their decent tenants the neighborhood changed and my rentals greatly diminished as potential customers no longer felt safe in the neighborhood. My business experienced several burglaries. Twice when I tried to visit the property the police department had crime tape up and swat teams out doing drug busts among the surrounding apartments. At that point I sold the property - cheap!

Based on my experience I would recommend getting a high quality alarm system installed along with cameras to anyone living near low income apartments as such apartments can attract drug dealers and addicts and criminals of every stripe.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-13-2020, 09:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGE ALARM View Post
More growth means more crime. Village Alarm is here to help you feel safe in your own home.
I'm way more concerned with 30-something and 40-something deadbeat offspring living INSIDE The Villages than I am hardworking residents in nearby apartments outside The Villages.

Take away the crimes of the spawn and there wouldn't be enough news to report.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:59 AM

I see this as a great opportunity for a more diverse population. This is what I miss the most after moving here from the Northeast.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:08 AM

Can anyone show me a Section 8 Apartment complex that didn't turn into a crime filled nightmare?
Old 05-13-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Z very funny people are worried about average middle-class citizens having places to live what do you think fixes your air conditioning in the middle of the summer? As for crowding I've lived here first the new Villages are crowding my my places! Route 27 and Route 441 and 301 I will major highways I see all you idiots doing 75 miles an hour on Route 44 coming off the turnpike 44000 new homes are planned in the area because of mr. And mrs. Morris don't blame another 500 people people in an apartment building
And the name isn’t “Morris”. It’s “Morse”.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Where would you like people to live? I know how first hand how hard it is to find a decent place around here never mind an affordable one. I went thru it with my Daughter it's rough. So what IF the people who live there visit TV it's open to everyone. How many who work here need place to live nearby. Yes IF they have Children & If they go to the Charter School so what. They don't get a bus the parents have to provide transportation. We need people to work here and they need a place to live.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

This new apartment complex is nothing new, 300 yards further east on 466 is Rolling Acres Apartments. It's for low income families, looking at past history, how has the residents there effected the Haciendas of Mission Hills or the homes in the Village of La Zamora? Are cars being vandalized at American Legion? Those are all within a 1/2 mile. Yes, that's true, couples cannot earn more than $34,000 to live in those apartments. They look neat as a pin to me.

Google Maps

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 05-13-2020, 11:39 AM

People, take off the rose colored glasses. A better option would to build a mobile home park with affordable homes that workers could actually own and have a place for their families. I lived in an apartment complex that went section 8. After 5 years, we had 2 murders. That last year I was there waiting to retire down here, we had an animal living in our building who would go around and punch holes in your door. You want your workers living in that kind of terror, I don't think so. This is a nightmare waiting to happen. It is not the workers you have to worry about. It is the others that live off the system that eventually move in there and destroy it. Do you think section 8 people in Orlando or Leesburg who live off the system will not hear about this complex and think much better to live there. Trust me that is going to be the norm in 10 years.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:49 AM

Thank . what happened to common sense. We all rely on services where do you want these people to live. They will not have the use of our ammenities. Squares are not part of our ammenities. Shops are there for all to use. Calm down. I have heard people post they are selling before house prices drop. Oh my God. Where do you get your information.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJY10101 View Post
I see this as a great opportunity for a more diverse population. This is what I miss the most after moving here from the Northeast.
I totally agree, but won't be surprised if an ugly and repulsive attitude soon shows its face.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I totally agree, but won't be surprised if an ugly and repulsive attitude soon shows its face.
Soon? Read above posts...between the lines.

Tags
apts, sumter, appears, brownwood, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.