New Apts. no age limit, income restricted on 466 just past Morse Blvd.

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Section 8?
Yes, Section 8. For those providing services to folk who live in The Villages. Probably a place to live for the waitress or bartender at places like The Chop House or some of Country clubs in The Villages.

Last edited by talleyjm; 05-13-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I do not like subsidized housing for a variety of reasons.. All around us there is a wide variety of homes that are inexpensive to rent or even own for all levels of income. I hate it when people seem to think that everyone who lives in The Villages all had their home and lifestyle fall on us. Most of us moved through the ranks of not very much to get here. It is a matter of principle and life philosophy for me that I don't like subsidized housing. Normal housing that is not expensive is an option, that is the reason I say this. For some reason in my life, no matter what the subsidized housing seem to draw crime and it has NOTHING to do with color, creed. race, religion or income. There is no shame in low income neighborhoods. Most of us have been there. But for some reasons the housing built and administered by the government seems to have unusual problems.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-13-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:21 PM
Default you go for the sale, man. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Working Class and lower income people living near us , OH My Lion, Tigers and Bears . I’m putting my home up for sale before property values crash
I believe there are enough of us left to cover for you.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

I paid my dues and deserve a senior retirement community. Worked with kids all my life, now I want to spend time with adults. Pretty soon we'll have to open a waterpark here to entertain the families. Don't get me wrong, I love my children and grandkids, and lived only 5 minutes away from them for years. I don't mind them visiting me, but I don't want them or other peoples kids around me every day. That's why I moved to TV, and like some of the bloggers, I'm am not ashamed to admit my real feelings.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Soon? Read above posts...between the lines.
Yeah, if I had read all of the comments before posting my own,, the usual code words and ugliness are pretty easy to see between the lines.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny56 View Post
Do you think section 8 people in Orlando or Leesburg who live off the system will not hear about this complex and think much better to live there. Trust me that is going to be the norm in 10 years.
Can you also tell the weather a month in advance, or the stock market a year ahead?

Or do you just prognosticate housing trends?
Old 05-13-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage

Funny how the people who will look at those apartments as a great place to live with a short commute to their workplace are good enough to build your homes, landscape and finish them, clean up after you. cut the grass on your golf courses, serve you in the restaurants, and even empty your bedpan and wipe your butt when you're on the way out, but they're not good enough to sit down next to at the square and have a drink.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Can you also tell the weather a month in advance, or the stock market a year ahead?

Or do you just prognosticate housing trends?
Maybe all three
Old 05-13-2020, 07:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I do not like subsidized housing for a variety of reasons.. All around us there is a wide variety of homes that are inexpensive to rent or even own for all levels of income. I hate it when people seem to think that everyone who lives in The Villages all had their home and lifestyle fall on us. Most of us moved through the ranks of not very much to get here. It is a matter of principle and life philosophy for me that I don't like subsidized housing. Normal housing that is not expensive is an option, that is the reason I say this. For some reason in my life, no matter what the subsidized housing seem to draw crime and it has NOTHING to do with color, creed. race, religion or income. There is no shame in low income neighborhoods. Most of us have been there. But for some reasons the housing built and administered by the government seems to have unusual problems.
Yep.

It will be interesting to see if the apartments actually become and remain occupied by decent law abiding citizens who work at various jobs within the villages or by deadbeats and undesirables who commit crimes and cause problems.

One thing is certain, their housing costs come out of our pockets via our hard earned tax dollars.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 05-13-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:06 PM

Assisted living on East side, houses on West side around church
Old 05-13-2020, 10:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Makes me wonder if those who work in the Villages now and complain about the traffic that makes up their commute will relocate to these new apartments and then realize that they have become the traffic! LOL

Old 05-14-2020, 06:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Only time will tell but people need to live somewhere and apartment living is getting very tough to find trust me. I doubt with the amount of money being dumped into this project they'll let it go down the toilet. I find section 8 hard to believe.

Last edited by skip0358; 05-14-2020 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Mis Information
Old 05-14-2020, 07:07 PM

In a perfect world, folks who live in affordable housing projects would simply be law-abiding, hard-working people who need lower-cost housing. But in the real world, lower-cost housing too often attracts at least a few troublemakers who spoil it for everyone. Trouble starts a downward slide because good, law-abiding poor folks don’t want to live with trouble either—even if their rent is cheaper. There may be exceptions but not enough of them. Even people who really need more affordable housing are rightfully leery of the bad reputation Section 8 complexes have earned. Villagers have invested in “the lifestyle” during the final phase of life when there’s a strong likelihood of declining frail health. Many Villagers have moved long distances, some across the country, but each is far away from his/her established community of friends and family. Villagers’ unique needs & concerns should be carefully considered and respected. The Villages’ high density of vulnerable seniors deserve to be more cautiously considered than a more age-diverse community would be. Section 8 funding too often comes with lax or unenforced rules which could put seniors—as well as the complex’s other residents—at risk. Prejudice is far too easily asserted. It’s much more difficult to give appropriate consideration to justifiable concerns. It’s prudent and reasonable for everyone to be skeptical about this project.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
In a perfect world, folks who live in affordable housing projects would simply be law-abiding, hard-working people who need lower-cost housing. But in the real world, lower-cost housing too often attracts at least a few troublemakers who spoil it for everyone. Trouble starts a downward slide because good, law-abiding poor folks don’t want to live with trouble either—even if their rent is cheaper. There may be exceptions but not enough of them. Even people who really need more affordable housing are rightfully leery of the bad reputation Section 8 complexes have earned. Villagers have invested in “the lifestyle” during the final phase of life when there’s a strong likelihood of declining frail health. Many Villagers have moved long distances, some across the country, but each is far away from his/her established community of friends and family. Villagers’ unique needs & concerns should be carefully considered and respected. The Villages’ high density of vulnerable seniors deserve to be more cautiously considered than a more age-diverse community would be. Section 8 funding too often comes with lax or unenforced rules which could put seniors—as well as the complex’s other residents—at risk. Prejudice is far too easily asserted. It’s much more difficult to give appropriate consideration to justifiable concerns. It’s prudent and reasonable for everyone to be skeptical about this project.
Beautifully stated and very true. I think most people don’t realize how it affects the surrounding areas. I agree with you, a Section 8 development near a “senior” community is not a good situation.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Price Structure:
The Town of Lady Lake will be running water lines to the apartments after The Villages refused to support the infrastructure. The town will be enjoying a considerable upcharge. However, the residents will not be residents of the town.

One bedroom units will run between $804 to $1,099 per month; two bedroom units will run between $956 and $1,169; three bedroom units will cost $1,097 to $1,369 per month; and four bedroom apartments will cost between $1,210 and $1,544.

Tags
apts, sumter, appears, brownwood, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.