New Apts. no age limit, income restricted on 466 just past Morse Blvd.

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 06:58 AM

I started out at subsidized housing, Pitney Village, Atlantic City, NJ. Our rent was $75 a month for 3 br 1 bath, family of 5. But no one ever intended to live there permanently. It was like the scene in "Its a Wonderful Life", when the Martini family moved to Bailey Park ( without the goat). People would save for a down payment on a house and move as soon as practical. Or if you made over the income guidelines they raised your rent to market rate and you moved out. Unfortunately the idea of giving people a head start and a hand up turned into a permanent state of inertia where no one can or wants to get out
Old 05-15-2020, 07:03 AM

The Villages (The Corporation) should have a vested interest in keeping a local workforce that doesn't have to drive an hour each way every day or isn't getting gouged for some falling down rat trap. The fact that they did not want to support at least the infrastructure doesn't tell a good tale. Plus they could get huge tax credits if they went along with it.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:05 AM

Morse = Morris????
Old 05-15-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I’m wondering if many of the complainers are people who are downgrading the new side all the time . Now that hoards of vandals will be living amongst you , the new side must be looking better , even with out feral hogs ( I’m still hoping to see one) our mosquitoes ( hey it’s Florida) and of course a plus for new side the vandals are locked up already
Closed Thread

Tags
apts, sumter, appears, brownwood, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.