American Journalist James Foley Reportedly Beheaded by ISIS

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Default American Journalist James Foley Reportedly Beheaded by ISIS

Our government is in the process of verifying if the video is authentic. I didn't link to the video because if someone decides they want to watch it, they can easily do a google search. These people are the worst of the worst.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:29 AM
Sage
Default Americans should see these barbaric brutes in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Our government is in the process of verifying if the video is authentic. I didn't link to the video because if someone decides they want to watch it, they can easily do a google search. These people are the worst of the worst.

Thanks for sharing.......after seeing it on the evening news, went to internet & found all of the Youtube videos, plus Aljazeera Arabic online.

Complete article from New York Times newspaper link below.....plus Orlando Sentinel newspaper (Florida).....re journalist from Miami.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/world/middleeast/isis-james-foley-syria-execution.html

NEW YORK TIMES NEWSPAPER on beheading of journalist James Foley who was from New Hampshire

Youtube had the videos on last evening........many of them.
So sad for his family.

These beheadings are nothing new to these barbaric people.
Aljazeera online Arabic version has photos of the beheading of a general. Also a very long list of beheadings all over the Islamic world......it is very very very barbaric & very shocking to say the least. This is what they do.

Last evening on Youtube they showed (after the two speeches of both the victim & the brute murderer) the guy in black stepping behind our journalist from New Hampshire & putting the knife to his front throat..........very gruesome. Americans should see this so they know what we are up against. Later, he was laying on the ground, the head part covered with a cloth.

With the general (Youtube & Aljazeera Arabic online), they put his head by his legs. To see the blood on the ground was fearful & horrendous.........but Americans cannot have their heads in the sand regarding what is happening in the middle east; especially with threats to our homeland.

Why all the secrecy? The guy in black made a direct threat to our president. For all we know, they could very well already have sleeper cells in this country............at universities, in cities, etc., in mosques.

From Orlando Sentinel newspaper..............

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-steven-sotloff-ucf-behead-isis-20140819,0,4620829.story

Second journalist went to University of Central Florida

The Islamic State insurgent group is threatening to behead a journalist identified as Steven Joel Sotloff, who attended the University of Central Florida as a journalism major from 2002-04.

The group battling for control of Iraq released a gruesome video Tuesday purporting to show American journalist James Foley being beheaded. Another man, identified as Sotloff, also appears in the video. Both Sotloff and Foley disappeared while covering the war in Syria.

Sotloff worked for Time magazine and other news organizations and disappeared in Syria last August. His last tweet on his Twitter page is from Aug. 3, 2013. His Twitter profile says he is a "stand-up philosopher from Miami. Currently in Libya."
Old 08-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Platinum member

I won't watch it, I'm disgusted by ISIS's actions. I know that if James Foley was a family member or friend of mine I wouldn't want it on yotube along with music videos and other "entertainment"

I don't know, watching it just seems wrong.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I won't watch it, I'm disgusted by ISIS's actions. I know that if James Foley was a family member or friend of mine I wouldn't want it on yotube along with music videos and other "entertainment"

I don't know, watching it just seems wrong.
As usual Patty, you got it right!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I can't even think about it. It is not something I ever expected to know happened in this world.

It is so awful that my mind can't handle it.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Sage

They are butchers that need to be stopped before they reach our shores and unleash their hatred on us. They said they will not stop till their flag flies over our White House.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Sage

A video was sent to me by a US special forces Sgt. currently serving in Japan, of isis executing more people than I can count, by gunfire to the head. Leaving them in ditches or dumping them into water. This is Satan exposed in his essence, unusual in that normally he comes in deceit, lying or disguise.
And we can't figure out what happened to our lovely American culture, degraded by invisible degrees.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Thanks for sharing.......after seeing it on the evening news, went to internet & found all of the Youtube videos, plus Aljazeera Arabic online.

Complete article from New York Times newspaper link below.....plus Orlando Sentinel newspaper (Florida).....re journalist from Miami.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/world/middleeast/isis-james-foley-syria-execution.html

NEW YORK TIMES NEWSPAPER on beheading of journalist James Foley who was from New Hampshire

Youtube had the videos on last evening........many of them.
So sad for his family.

These beheadings are nothing new to these barbaric people.
Aljazeera online Arabic version has photos of the beheading of a general. Also a very long list of beheadings all over the Islamic world......it is very very very barbaric & very shocking to say the least. This is what they do.

Last evening on Youtube they showed (after the two speeches of both the victim & the brute murderer) the guy in black stepping behind our journalist from New Hampshire & putting the knife to his front throat..........very gruesome. Americans should see this so they know what we are up against. Later, he was laying on the ground, the head part covered with a cloth.

With the general (Youtube & Aljazeera Arabic online), they put his head by his legs. To see the blood on the ground was fearful & horrendous.........but Americans cannot have their heads in the sand regarding what is happening in the middle east; especially with threats to our homeland.

Why all the secrecy? The guy in black made a direct threat to our president. For all we know, they could very well already have sleeper cells in this country............at universities, in cities, etc., in mosques.

From Orlando Sentinel newspaper..............

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-steven-sotloff-ucf-behead-isis-20140819,0,4620829.story

Second journalist went to University of Central Florida

The Islamic State insurgent group is threatening to behead a journalist identified as Steven Joel Sotloff, who attended the University of Central Florida as a journalism major from 2002-04.

The group battling for control of Iraq released a gruesome video Tuesday purporting to show American journalist James Foley being beheaded. Another man, identified as Sotloff, also appears in the video. Both Sotloff and Foley disappeared while covering the war in Syria.

Sotloff worked for Time magazine and other news organizations and disappeared in Syria last August. His last tweet on his Twitter page is from Aug. 3, 2013. His Twitter profile says he is a "stand-up philosopher from Miami. Currently in Libya."
Were all these gruesome details really necessary??
Old 08-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I can't even think about it. It is not something I ever expected to know happened in this world.

It is so awful that my mind can't handle it.
Me too, and I can't even imagine going to you tube and watching that.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Were all these gruesome details really necessary??
I agree with you, Bogie. We are all familiar with how to use Google and can do our own searching if we want.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Sage

This is the reality of the world we live in. I'd like to run away too, but hiding our heads in the sand is hiding our heads in the sand.
Evil is not going away for quite some time. In my view the United States of America has no special place to hide from a practical nor from a spiritual viewpoint. Perhaps two generations ago we could've claimed that position, but no longer.

I can understand not watching to protect oneself, but do be cautious whether ignoring what is becoming the norm in our world is self protective or choosing to remain ignorant and thereby taking no action.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
This is the reality of the world we live in. I'd like to run away too, but hiding our heads in the sand is hiding our heads in the sand.
Evil is not going away for quite some time. In my view the United States of America has no special place to hide from a practical nor from a spiritual viewpoint. Perhaps two generations ago we could've claimed that position, but no longer.
No, evil is not going to go away, but that doesn't mean we have to, or should, watch it happen. Reading that it happened is enough to keep my head out of the sand. Just my opinion.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Sage

HORRIBLE: ISIS murders 1500 POWs in a brutal display of violence (NSFW) The Right Scoop -

Don't watch this horribly brutal video. We are concerned and upset about one American journalist. This is a video of hundreds being slaughtered in a few minutes time. Don't watch it.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Veteran member

Trying to be diplomatic here, but WHERE was all of this anger when thousands of children were being killed in the streets of Syria...there was NONE. A thread was begun on here quite sometime ago about the situation in Syria and was basically ignored.

Please...

Not one comment made to that thread.

A number of conversations did ensue outside this thread but all were just politics.

Please also check to determine where ISIS got its beginnng and strength
Old 08-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

there was a time when we would have not stood by and just be in a reactive mode....a time sorely missed by many of us.

This enemy is so easy to defeat....just go in and mow them down so they become afraid to stick their head out the door. Send in the drones and continue picking them off till they are gone.
ISIS has one very big advantage going for them.....THEY KNOW WE WILL NOT GO ON THE OFFENSIVE to obliterate them.

Rag tag thugs and cowards against some of the mightiest militaries in the world......not in the time sorely missed they would not!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.