New CDC data !

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2021, 08:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
5% of 300 million would be alot of people . Why taka a chance on so small a thing as a mask? They aren't saying stay locked up in your bathroom!!!!
5% means one in twenty are unprotected. It has nothing to do with them catching anything.

And of that 1 in 20, the majority are either asymptomatic, if they get exposed, or naturally immune.

Do you put your seatbelt on when sitting in the car in a parking lot, on the off-chance that someone might hit you? That's what you are doing while wearing a mask.

And if you wear one once vaccinated, well, I guess there's no help. that's why shampoo bottles have directions, I suppose...
Old 04-29-2021, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
OK folks, here’s the science from the CDC. We are being lied to!

After warning for months that vaccinated people should still be cautious (masks) in order to not infect others, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests they may not be at much risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

“Vaccinated people do not carry the virus — they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data.”

Walensky was referring to a new CDC study that suggests those fully inoculated with the vaccines produced by Moderna and Pfizer don’t transmit the virus!!! Researchers looked at how the shots protected nearly 4,000 health-care workers, first responders, and other essential workers toiling in eight U.S. locations against the virus and more-contagious variants. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 80 percent, and that figure jumped to 90 percent after the second dose. Without infection, people are unable to spread the virus!!!! The results are similar to what scientists saw in clinical trials for the vaccines, which found that two doses of either two-dose vaccine had an efficacy rate of around 95 percent.
We expect, we demand perfect exact answers. Reality for most things in the real world the only answer is risk vs reward.

As far as vaccinated people, do we wish to have random stops by police where you if, caught without a mask must be carrying proof that you have been fully vaccinated of you get a fine paid on the spot. Hum, perhaps we will find like service dog vests, you can buy a fake badge on Amazon stating I have been vaccinated.

I don't know what the current policy is. As kids we were forced to receive vaccines for polio and small pox. They were forced. Both used to be killers both are gone.

A debate. My view is just like drunk driving you have every right to kill yourself. When, you drive drunk you risk killing people other than yourself-YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:38 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
As kids we were forced to receive vaccines for polio and small pox. They were forced. Both used to be killers both are gone.

A debate. My view is just like drunk driving you have every right to kill yourself. When, you drive drunk you risk killing people other than yourself-YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT.
Yep, and this pandemic is amongst the worse killer of any virus humanity has encountered.

That's why most Colleges and Universities have already made vaccinations MANDATORY for Fall 2021.

Once the vaccine is approved for under-16s, I hope and pray they add Covid-19 to the list of mandatory vaccines to attend public schools as well.

As for our generation, we're supposed to be smart. To be able to live in TV, we made a few good life choices, right?

So, why do people wait until they are older to decide they are going to go out with a bang by putting themselves in danger?
Old 04-29-2021, 08:48 AM
Default Science Evolves

Science evolves as more data and information is acquired.

It is NOT a static entity. Remember, at one time Science said the World was Flat.

Although it would not surprise me if some folks still think it is😉
Old 04-29-2021, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
5% means one in twenty are unprotected. It has nothing to do with them catching anything.

And of that 1 in 20, the majority are either asymptomatic, if they get exposed, or naturally immune.

Do you put your seatbelt on when sitting in the car in a parking lot, on the off-chance that someone might hit you? That's what you are doing while wearing a mask.

And if you wear one once vaccinated, well, I guess there's no help. that's why shampoo bottles have directions, I suppose...
I believe both the trials and the recent, real-world reviews measured effectiveness against symptomatic illness. The vaccines are advertised as being 95% effective against developing Covid with symptoms, the trials did not measure for asymptomatic cases.

It isn't entirely clear whether the real-world reviews included asymptomatic cases. Since it is less likely that a vaccinated person would feel the need to be tested without first developing symptoms, it is likely that the breakthrough cases were primarily symptomatic.

EDIT: Here is a study that also looked for asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic cases.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 04-29-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, cdc, percent, people, risk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.