New Home Internet Provider Coming to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2021, 05:36 PM
Default New Home Internet Provider Coming to The Villages

TMobile is rolling out 5G home internet service to more cities. The Villages is included in their list. No contract, no hardware charges, $60 per month, 100Mbps speeds and no data cap

The article doesn’t say how soon. I understand the limiting factor is the availability of the Nokia modems required to receive the signal

T‑Mobile Expands Home Internet to More Than 450 Cities & Towns Left High‑and‑Dry by AT&T | T‑Mobile Newsroom
Old 04-09-2021, 08:37 AM
Sage

Oh, I hope that is true for my area! Choice right now is Comcast or very slow DSL from CenturyLink. Comcast works great but their pricing can be brutal for internet only. It just went from $59.99 to $75.95.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
[URL Attempt] User received an error - No action required!

TMobile is rolling out 5G home internet service to more cities. The Villages is included in their list. No contract, no hardware charges, $60 per month, 100Mbps speeds and no data cap

The article doesn’t say how soon. I understand the limiting factor is the availability of the Nokia modems required to receive the signal

T‑Mobile Expands Home Internet to More Than 450 Cities & Towns Left High‑and‑Dry by AT&T | T‑Mobile Newsroom

I got it over a month ago when it first came out and mine is $50 / month because I was an early subscriber..

I'm using it right now in Belvedere - it works GREAT! No complaints at all!
Old 04-09-2021, 08:45 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Oh, I hope that is true for my area! Choice right now is Comcast or very slow DSL from CenturyLink. Comcast works great but their pricing can be brutal for internet only. It just went from $59.99 to $75.95.
I have both T-Mobile home and CenturyLink. It beats CenturyLink to bits here...
Old 04-09-2021, 09:19 AM

Good news, more competition is definitely a good thing!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Still shows unavailable near Brownwood.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-09-2021, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Says it is available here south of 44 in DeSoto. Stuck on Comcast until September.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
You can get 100mbps with Comcast for just $40/month, as long as you do auto-pay and paperless billing, and own the modem yourself instead of renting it. If you don't want them having access to your checking account, it's $50/month.

Just call them and tell them your plan was up for renewal, it automatically renewed at the higher rate. And that you feel you have two options:

You can cancel their service completely - and then call them to sign up as a new customer on the promotional rate...

or

They can just give you the promotional rate.

They'll give you the promotional rate.

You just have to jump through a couple of hoops every year, but the savings is worth the hour-long drudgery of being put on hold and transferred to half a dozen people.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:35 AM
Default Comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You can get 100mbps with Comcast for just $40/month, as long as you do auto-pay and paperless billing, and own the modem yourself instead of renting it. If you don't want them having access to your checking account, it's $50/month.

Just call them and tell them your plan was up for renewal, it automatically renewed at the higher rate. And that you feel you have two options:

You can cancel their service completely - and then call them to sign up as a new customer on the promotional rate...

or

They can just give you the promotional rate.

They'll give you the promotional rate.

You just have to jump through a couple of hoops every year, but the savings is worth the hour-long drudgery of being put on hold and transferred to half a dozen people.
A few months ago we let Comcast go and went with Spectrum. I got tired of hour long phone calls. Their app is even worse! When we canceled I was on hold for over 40 minutes then had to be transferred to another agent that kept trying to get me to stay with Comcast. Their agents are just too much. We left our looked at T Mobile as we use them for our phone carrier.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Funny how all these companies give the best deals to new customers. Faithful customers have to stay on the phone and beg for a decent price.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I just ditched the tv and went internet only as well. Around $75 also. I truly expect their pricing to continue up as more and more people leave their programming. 150 channels that nobody watches plus a landline that I didn't use. I also expect that their data caps will decrease or premium pricing will increase. Right now 1.2 TB is the cap but I will bet that will start coming down. They are criminal. I will say that the internet is fantastic...speedy and reliable.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

They always give the best deals to incoming newbies. Makes you wonder why you stay with a company that does that. Therefore, loyalty to them is meaningless. They have so many clients that it does not matter. Go with changing service as long as it is beneficial to yourself economically. By the way, 100 mbps is not much when you start adding up all the devices that use the internet. I would do some device “addition” before changing.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Funny how all these companies give the best deals to new customers. Faithful customers have to stay on the phone and beg for a decent price.
Choice and competition is the only answer. These mega companies like Comcast and Time warner control everything including their programming. Try getting OAN or Newsmax on Comcast.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:29 AM

That is brilliant!!! hope we can get it in Lake Deaton. Anyone know what areas are covered
Old 04-10-2021, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

100 megabits per second is more than the majority of people can take advantage of. One possible exception is if you work from home and routinely move large files (10s to 100s of gigabytes) around. Otherwise, Hi-Def 1080p streaming consumes 3-5 megabits per second. Hi-Def 2160p streaming consumes about 15-20 megabits per second. e-mail and web surfing type activities consume bandwidth in a non continuous manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
They always give the best deals to incoming newbies. Makes you wonder why you stay with a company that does that. Therefore, loyalty to them is meaningless. They have so many clients that it does not matter. Go with changing service as long as it is beneficial to yourself economically. By the way, 100 mbps is not much when you start adding up all the devices that use the internet. I would do some device “addition” before changing.
Closed Thread

Tags
required, villages, internet, home, 100mbps

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.