New homes at 466A and 462 (By the new Lowe’s)

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 07:52 AM
Arrow New homes at 466A and 462 (By the new Lowe’s)

Who are the builders?
Where can I find out more online information?
Old 02-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Beaumont is on the sign. Developer not involved
Old 02-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage

The builder is D R Horton. My suggestion would be run away, far away, and quickly.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The developer of that land is Beaumont Properties. It's going to be mixed use, townhomes, single family homes and commercial along 466A. Currently they are marketing the townhomes first. It is for all ages and families, prices starting at $187K, here's a link.

https://www.drhorton.com/florida/wes...mont-townhomes

The Villages Florida

If you're looking for property just outside TV at a lower price, I would check out Lakeside Landing. If your are on Buena Vista northbound passing Arnold Palmer, at the next roundabout go west (third exit) on Rainey Trail and just past the Lake Miona County Park on the left, you see Lakeside Landing. It's only about 2 miles from Lake Sumter Landing. It's established, all residential, quick access to TV and Hwy 301, they are still building new single family homes, but there are many townhomes already built.

Lakeside Landings | Call to Schedule a Model Tour Today!

Here's a townhome for sale right now for $177K.

5439 Compass Pt # 12-201, Oxford, FL 34484 | MLS #G5025672 | Zillow

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 02-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Veteran member

Looks nice but fyi, they advertise no bond but watch out for HOA Fees that run up monthly costs.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:43 PM
Sage

Not sure if the OP knows those new places aren't considered Villages properties---so you wouldn't have access to the amenities. BUT wouldn't hurt to do a search---let us know what you find out!!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
The builder is D R Horton. My suggestion would be run away, far away, and quickly.

Why?
Old 02-29-2020, 06:04 AM

If it’s D R Horton , look at this. Hopefully, it’s not
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	4A10C8A5-FF03-4686-8A22-9C7BAB2B1F7C.jpg
Views:	3798
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	83040  
Old 02-29-2020, 07:39 AM

I bought a DRHORTON home and they
Build with the cheapest materials and seems like they cut corners wherever they can. It's all about the bottom line with them.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:44 AM

Lakeside Landings was mentioned up thread. We were ready to buy in to the bubble, but we wanted new construction, and did not want to be down in the Fenney area. We found Lakeside Landings almost by accident and felt at home as soon as we drove through the gates.

We don’t golf, nor do we have “3000 clubs”, but we enjoy a pretty nice lifestyle. LAkeside will have about 750 total housing units at buildout, which will likely be by the end of 2021. The new homes here are well-built, very attractive, and a great value. We don’t have a bond or CDD fees. Our HOA is $262 monthly, which includes all lawn maintenance, including trees and shrubs, landscaping, watering, and yearly remulching. We leave for summers, and it’s nice to know that the yard maintenance will be taken care of in our absence.

The Villages of Bridgeport and Lynnhaven form two of our borders. The physical layout of the community is very nice. The amenities include two pools, one of which is a grand resort-style, 2 hot tubs, and a beautiful clubhouse with a card room, billiards room, etc. The location is convenient to everything.

One con is that we do not have free access to the golf cart streets. We solved that by getting a street-legal cart. Our access point is less than 2 blocks away. Sumter and Spanish Springs are about 15-25 minutes away, respectively. Brownwood takes almost 45 minutes by cart, but less than 10 by car.

Don’t get me wrong: We like the vIllages and it’s why we came to this part of the state in the first place. We just happened to have found something that fit us better. If you’re looking for quality new construction, in a convenient location, you owe it to yourself to check out Lakeside.

Last edited by ChicagoNative; 02-29-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
If it’s D R Horton , look at this. Hopefully, it’s not
That is the one !! My son got sucked in a little better than a year ago. Since then, it has been a constant uphill battle for warranty repairs, and correction of totally incompetent work by unqualified people. The bosses paychecks are base on how many corners they can cut. The management thinks there is nothing wrong with hiring totally in competent people.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:05 AM

DR Horton is the builder. I am in the insurance business. Be very careful. DR Horton is involved in a lot of construction related claims that basically mean subcontractors doing less than stellar work. I think their home base is Orlando. Be very careful!!!
Old 02-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
Lakeside Landings was mentioned up thread. We were ready to buy in to the bubble, but we wanted new construction, and did not want to be down in the Fenney area. We found Lakeside Landings almost by accident and felt at home as soon as we drove through the gates.

We don’t golf, nor do we have “3000 clubs”, but we enjoy a pretty nice lifestyle. LAkeside will have about 750 total housing units at buildout, which will likely be by the end of 2021. The new homes here are well-built, very attractive, and a great value. We don’t have a bond or CDD fees. Our HOA is $262 monthly, which includes all lawn maintenance, including trees and shrubs, landscaping, watering, and yearly remulching. We leave for summers, and it’s nice to know that the yard maintenance will be taken care of in our absence.

The Villages of Bridgeport and Lynnhaven form two of our borders. The physical layout of the community is very nice. The amenities include two pools, one of which is a grand resort-style, 2 hot tubs, and a beautiful clubhouse with a card room, billiards room, etc. The location is convenient to everything.

One con is that we do not have free access to the golf cart streets. We solved that by getting a street-legal cart. Our access point is less than 2 blocks away. Sumter and Spanish Springs are about 15-25 minutes away, respectively. Brownwood takes almost 45 minutes by cart, but less than 10 by car.

Don’t get me wrong: We like the vIllages and it’s why we came to this part of the state in the first place. We just happened to have found something that fit us better. If you’re looking for quality new construction, in a convenient location, you owe it to yourself to check out Lakeside.
It sounds nice. Are there any pickleball courts or tennis courts?
Old 02-29-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It sounds nice. Are there any pickleball courts or tennis courts?
Yes, I hear them smacking the whiffle ball around when I pass the clubhouse.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I like Lakeside Landings quite a bit, but the two negatives in my opinion were higher costs (compared to what I currently pay) for HOA (LL is $130 for amenities and another $130 for Landscaping et al) and real estate taxes (I was quoted about $5K on a $340K property., double what I pay) Those two things offset any benefit for me to move from my current Villages home.
Closed Thread

Tags
builders, online, find, homes, lowe’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.