New Medicare Card...Have you received yours?

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Platinum member
Default New Medicare Card...Have you received yours?

I live here full time. Last Wednesday, I got an email saying I should have already received my new card but...nope...not yet.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Received mine a few weeks ago.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Received mine a few weeks ago.
Me too.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Platinum member

I guess the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I get an email telling me I should have already received the card but when I just logged in to my account I am told the card has not yet been mailed.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:34 PM

Our cards have been her for a while. I think you might be better off by starting to check.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Get email when it’s mailed to you : New Medicare Card | Medicare

Mailing schedule (sort of): Medicare Announces New ID Card Mailing Schedule
Old 10-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

We got ours over two week ago
Old 10-20-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I live here full time. Last Wednesday, I got an email saying I should have already received my new card but...nope...not yet.
If you checked the status of your card mailing, you must have a MyMedicare.gov account. Go into your account and at the top of the page you will see some blue menu picks - click on the "My Account" button and you will see the current address they have for you. That address comes from the Social Security people.

I had the same situation just his past week and found out Medicare (and Social Security) had my address wrong. Not sure how that happened, and it was real close to being correct (the one they had doesn't exist anywhere in the world), but with a wrong address, it never was received. So-o-o-o, anyway per direction from Medicare Help, I called the Soc Security office help line 1-800-772-1213 and they were able to correct my address. The Social Security line is EXTREMELY busy - I had a 35 minute wait - so be ready with something to read while you wait. They were great once we got connected.

Good luck!

Oh BTW, if you have a MySocialSecurity account, you might be able to check it there also. Be advised your password for the SocSec account is only good for 6 months. So if you haven't accessed it in the past 6 months, your p/w won't be any good. I locked myself out trying to get in 3 times unsuccessfully. Grrrrrr! The directions from that same Social Security person that got my address changed is to go to the MySocialSecurity log-in page, enter your UserName, tab to p/w but DO NOT enter the password - instead click the "I forgot my password" which will take you through a procedure to get a new password. It isn't real quick and easy but at least it works to get that account opened back up.

Again: Good luck!

Last edited by Sparty6971; 10-20-2018 at 08:37 PM. Reason: More info about SocSec
Old 10-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Make sure the emails are from SS. We received a email that said SS that went to spam. It was a scam account looking to see if we would provide info on our supposedly lost card
Old 10-20-2018, 08:53 PM

Very valid point "thelegges" The email the OP is referencing (same as the one I got, also on Wednesday) does have a link telling a phone number at Medicare to use. I didn't trust it but it actually turned out to be the right one. If someone does get one of those emails, please enter the Medicare or Social Security web site URL yourself to get the web site and the phone number from those sites. Blindly trusting an email to be safe can be rather dangerous. That email can go directly to the Spam/Junk folder because it is sent to multiple addresses as a bulk email and some email systems are set by default to consider those kinds to be Spam/Junk as a safety measure.

Good that you bring that up though. Amazing how many people here fall for blind email directions.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Got mine about 4 days ago
Old 10-21-2018, 05:55 AM
Sage

Chances are you threw it away unopened. Call Medicare and request a replacement
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-21-2018, 08:55 AM
Sage

We received ours a few weeks ago but know that they're being sent out in "waves". A friend of mine got hers in late summer in the Midwest, way before we got ours here. It will come soon, I'm sure. As someone else said don't answer any e-mails or phone-calls and give out personal information.

I got a call from TVH clinic we go to this past week asking if I'd requested "someone" to fill some RX's. I had not!! They said it was strange as they had my personal info---ie. birthday etc. I was asked then, did you click on some e-mail or something recently? I had not!! BUT I had gotten a call from "Medicare" doing a survery but VERY early in, I said NOT interested and hung up. I can barely remember the call quite frankly. BUT maybe it was one of those where a "yes" answer is given---then they take it from there. Anyway, the clinic told me not to worry---they'd take care of it on their end. The slime-balls will stop at nothing trying to pull off a scam.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Go on line to medicare.gov and click on new medicare cards....register/sign in....it will show you what your new number is...it will also offer you a printable version of the front and back of the new card.
Closed Thread

Tags
received, card, email, nope, medicare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.