New Phone--Andriod vs Apple

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran member
Default New Phone--Andriod vs Apple

Time for a new phone and am thinking about getting an iPhone. My current phone is a Samsung (android) which has served me well. But my computer is an Apple, and we have three iPads, so the transition to an iPhone device should be easy. Anyone out there who has switched and is happy with their iPhone?
Old 08-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
Time for a new phone and am thinking about getting an iPhone. My current phone is a Samsung (android) which has served me well. But my computer is an Apple, and we have three iPads, so the transition to an iPhone device should be easy. Anyone out there who has switched and is happy with their iPhone?
Love my iPhone 6 Plus! And my Apple Watch😊.If you have an iPad and Apple computer they will all sync for you. This is helpful especially with calender, and pictures.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Gold member

iPhone is the way to go.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Gold member

I was in the same situation. Had a Samsung Android phone and used a MacBook and iPad as my computers so I went with the iPhone 6+. It is a great phone with an unbelievable battery life. I charge it every other day and it is usually only down to about 40%. The learning curve is small but there is a learning curve. You can sign up for an iPhone forum and learn a lot. There are some things that I do miss that I had on my Android mostly some Apps. Apples is VERY controlling as to what Apps you can install and I don't like that at all. All in all you will be happy and you can synch all your devices. The camera is awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_460858977 (1).JPG
Views:	117
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	54107  
Old 08-13-2015, 10:29 AM

Android is better suited to folks that like to tinker, customize, etc. I find the "our way or the highway" Apple design philosophy too restrictive for my tastes. Still, there's a lot to be said for simplicity and predictability so I'd also recommend an iPhone if you're not similarly inclined. Especially of you're already in the Apple ecosystem.
--
bc
Old 08-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Sage
Default New Phone--Andriod vs Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcronin View Post
Android is better suited to folks that like to tinker, customize, etc. I find the "our way or the highway" Apple design philosophy too restrictive for my tastes. Still, there's a lot to be said for simplicity and predictability so I'd also recommend an iPhone if you're not similarly inclined. Especially of you're already in the Apple ecosystem.
--
bc
Just a different take...

I'm very much a geek and tinkerer. I have never felt restricted by my iPhone or my iPad in any way. Quite the contrary in fact. I've yet to think up anything I wanted to do that I'm not able to do. I feel they are only simple and predictable in a good sense. And I customize everything I do to the nTH degree.

Apple's 'control' over products and services is simply quality control IMHO...and it works.

By the way, this is not a knock on Android products. I have no doubt I would like them if I tried them. I've just never felt the need.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:56 AM

I've used both Droids and Apple products. After using Apple products, I will never go back to Droids or Windoze. Apple is very reliable and the support is top notch.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Apple makes it pretty easy to choose one of their phones, how much memory and what size? With android it's what brand and then an endless list. That being said I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running the latest software update, and it is better than anything I have seen do far.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Platinum member
Default Galaxy S5 for me.

A lot depends upon what is important to you. I recently opted for a Samsung Galaxy 5 over a similarly priced iPhone (the iPhone was around $100 more) in the Boost Mobile system which uses the Sprint network.

My decision was governed by what was important to me:

1. Galaxy 5 has a 16 megapixel camera vs. the 8 megapixel in iPhone.
2. Galaxy 5 is waterproof for 30 minutes under 3 feet of water; iPnone doesn't resist water.
3. Galaxy 5 has expandable memory and exchangeable memory chips; iPhone memory cannot be expanded over whatever it has when you buy it.

Either phone was available at full price from the Boost Mobile store, no contract required, with three tiers of service available. I chose the middle tier which was $45 a month for unlimited talk and text and 5 Gigabytes of data a month.

There is a Galaxy 6 available, but I opted against it because the owner cannot replace the battery and there is no expandable memory. Also it is not water resistant, and it costs more than the Galaxy 5.

As I said, determine what is important to you, study the specifications, and make your choice.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:35 PM

Go with an Iphone. You won't regret it.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:51 PM

I have the iPhone6 plus. Love it. It's big, so be sure that it is the size that you want to carry around with you.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Veteran member

I love my iPhone 6+ and would never go back to Android. I have 2 iPads, one for travel (a mini) and one for home. Everything syncs up automatically. A very long time ag I had an Android. The lack of configuration control on the software was bizarre. No viruses on iPhone. I only use my iPad on websites. No viruses, at least so far. I am still stuck with a PC as I have files on there. That is the next thing to go. Hate windows and Microsoft
Old 08-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Bosoxfan

I have the Samsung S6 and absolutely love it! I had the S3 also.I also own Samsung tablet & 2 Samsung smart Tv's. Never felt the desire to switch.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Sage

iPhone 7 Price Could Be Around $849 Without Carrier Contract
iPhone 7 Price Could Be Around $849 Without Carrier Contract

When you get a contract, you pay the same amount but it is spread over the length of your contract. For many people the most powerful and expensive computer they own is their smart phone.
Closed Thread

Tags
iphone, apple, phone, device, switched, transition, ipads, easy, happy, thinking, phone--andriod, time, current, samsung, computer, served, android

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.