Which new Smart Phone to Buy?

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2022, 05:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I am an Appleaholic. I have the latest and greatest of everything. iPhone 14 Pro Max & a 13 Pro Max.

Tomorrow my new Apple Ultra Watch is coming in from Amazon. Saved a couple of bucks and zero financing for 18 months instead of 24 months from Apple.

Bite the bullet, you only live once. No more Samsung after several appliance dilemmas! It's my little way of evening the score, They don't know it but I do. FaceTime with the grandchildren is fantastic.
Everyone should have at least one expensive penchant.
Mine is Cashmere. I just love good Cashmere.
My eldest grandson has the same disease, but he doesn't buy his own, he pinches mine!
Old 11-17-2022, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
Iphone is my choice …

anything android (including samsung) is google based and sharing your info with google
Of all the reasons to stay with Apple, this is by far the most inaccurate. There are a number of reasons to go with either Apple or Android, but regardless of which one you get you will be either sharing a certain amount of data with either Apple or Google.

The default amount is nearly everything - the assistants (Siri and Google) will listen and capture all types of data. Both phones collect a great deal of information including location. You can control to a great degree what they collect, but you can control it to a far greater degree and depth on Android. Apple iOS is great, but is extremely locked down when it comes to user control. (Which is why it is generally easier to use for non-techy folks.)
Old 11-17-2022, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleneK View Post
If you wear hearing aids, go with an iphone. I've always been an Android user, but was quite unhappy with my last phone because of the quality of the call (difficulty hearing), especially when not connected to bluetooth. When upgrading last year I decided to go with an iphone, and I'm SO happy! With my hearing aids (Octicon), I am immediately connected to any calls with bluetooth and I don't have to wear any additional bluetooth connecting device. The same goes with watching videos or listening to music on my iphone. I have iphone 13 basic model. My spouse's Samsung 21 actually cost more than my iphone.
If your hearing aids have bluetooth then they will connect to ANY bluetooth phone - not just Apple (that includes Apple, Android, Windows, etc). It has nothing to do with a specific brand of phone. You may have to go through some initial startup steps (connecting to bluetooth, making it default, etc), but they will work with any current phone on the market.

Everyone is always looking at Samsung vs Apple, because both phones are +$1,000. Google Pixel phones offer the same quality and even several features neither Samsung or Apple offer at 1/2 the price.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Misleading statement. In reality, Apple makes several different iPhones. You can buy a new iPhone with 5G capabilities for $429.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
If your hearing aids have bluetooth then they will connect to ANY bluetooth phone - not just Apple (that includes Apple, Android, Windows, etc). It has nothing to do with a specific brand of phone. You may have to go through some initial startup steps (connecting to bluetooth, making it default, etc), but they will work with any current phone on the market.

Everyone is always looking at Samsung vs Apple, because both phones are +$1,000. Google Pixel phones offer the same quality and even several features neither Samsung or Apple offer at 1/2 the price.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Misleading statement. In reality, Apple makes several different iPhones. You can buy a new iPhone with 5G capabilities for $429.
Samsung makes 5G phones that are a lot less expensive $400.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I’m about to buy a new iPhone what I’m concerned about is will all my information change over , when I called Verizon they said they would show me how to do it but not do it, I am not a big tech guy I don’t even have a computer, but I’m worried about my WhatsApp, some apps I have and contacts. I’m thinking about going to apple store at mall in Orlando I’ve heard they’ll do it for you.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

When you get the new phone, go through the Quick-start procedure. You put the old phone next to the new phone and the contents will be copied over via Bluetooth. There are other ways. You can google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’m about to buy a new iPhone what I’m concerned about is will all my information change over , when I called Verizon they said they would show me how to do it but not do it, I am not a big tech guy I don’t even have a computer, but I’m worried about my WhatsApp, some apps I have and contacts. I’m thinking about going to apple store at mall in Orlando I’ve heard they’ll do it for you.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:08 AM
Default Needding a new iphone

Check amazon for a Refurbished- Renewed / Unlocked I Phone. Guaranteed with warranty.
You can get an iphone 11 for around $300-400 bucks.
All things Apple transfer over and being unlocked will work with any provider.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, apple, iphone, smart, heard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.