New Vehicle Taxes

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2019, 02:26 PM

Sorry but this is absolutely false especially a new car where MSRP less promotions are almost always the same. Use a car buying service and dealers are obligated to honor that price.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:45 PM

It is not mandatory
Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Default How a dealer sells at invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
Be careful and ONLY negotiate on the MSRP and not the additional strip next to the manufacturer's window sticker. This is a dealer ripoff that is common here in FL. I've seen an additional 1 to 3 thousand tacked on to the original window sticker. Do your homework and look up the car you want on KBB.com and find out what the actual price is. I had one Ford dealer tell me that if I ordered a car he would sell it to me for dealer invoice. Some even sell for below dealer invoice.
Bottom line is if you pay manufacturer's window sticker, you payed waaaaay too much.
Obviously, no business can sell at cost. The unseen secret. There is something called CALL BACK. Call back in a fee to the dealer from the manufacturer when the car is sold. Depending on the car it is about 7%. Thus they show you a car show you the invoice and it is 30,000. The pitch is I have to make $250 to sell it. You, seeing tears in the saleman's eyes think wow he likes me sooooo much he is only making $250. The truth on 30,000 invoice price he makes 7% call back so 2100+250=2350.
Then if you finance, you take the paint sealer, scotch guard the seat and then they charge you for a spare tire etc etc etc
Old 03-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Default Re: Two years of plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnytalk View Post
There is a computer fee charge to get a paper title $150.
All other fees are found on line to transfer current plates & title.
They may get 2 years of plates should all be explained to you or don't sign to buy the auto.
If you don't transfer plates there is a one time charge of $250.
We renew one year at a time. You only get a sticker to put in the corner of your plate. You can do it for two years but the cost per year is exactly the same-NO BOGO OFFERED
Old 03-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Default We too are ex-new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
I did that in January, the car was purchased in NYS in 2016, I had the clear title and proof of Florida Insurance. I paid for a sticker through 2021 I paid $488.50 in Sumter County. I don't have my receipt for a breakdown of the fees.
Don't tell anyone. Compared to NY it was a thrill to deal with government in Florida. One office. In about one hour, we had gotten a Florida License, Registered to vote, Registered for Florida plates-saving us about half the cost of auto insurance, oh and we were told to go to another office and file for homestead tax exemption. We cut our real estate tax by about 2/3. We left a 6% state tax and a 3% city tax
Old 03-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Although I hate the sleazy part of our capitalist system thank you for making me smile and putting this in proper perspective.
You should take a trip to say Mexico. We did it years ago.
You did not want to be the perosn on the plane that paid the most for your chess set.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

The dealer invoice is just the first of many lies that dealers tell to their customers. I think that car manufacturers should get rid of their dealers altogether and sell their cars for a fixed, advertised price. It is shameful that some of the largest companies in the world depend on dishonest, lying dealers to sell their products.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 PM

Remember, dealer "prep" fees and "administrative" fees are just add-ons to their profit. Tell them that after those are removed is when negotiations begin.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

So then, what is the BEST state to buy a new car? I can jump on a plane if need be, and drive it home.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
taxes, vehicle, info, appreciated, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.