The New York Times front page posts heartbreaking list of people dead from Covid-19.

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2020, 09:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
U.S. intelligence was acquiring data and other information about Covid 19 and its possible pandemic effect in early January. Both China and the US were attempting to down play the seriousness of the virus, but the medical and scientific folks on both sides of the pond would not be silent. This is a global problem not a them versus us.
I'll take rewriting history for $1000 Alex

On January 21st Dr Fauci said “Americans Don't Need To Worry About Coronavirus:

Dr. Fauci said on February 8th: 'Danger of getting coronavirus now is just minusculely low': There is no reason to wear a mask

Dr. Anthony Fauci on February 29th tells the Today Show that there is NO NEED for the public to change their behavior over concern for Coronavirus:

On March 9th, Dr. Anthony Fauci recommends taking a cruise, tells Forbes Magazine that if you’re healthy, cruise ships are safe:

Last edited by GoodLife; 05-24-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I haven’t heard any medical advice from any politician who does not have sound medical science from the best professionals out there. Would you please share with us who this would be?
Perhaps I should have said that I think people who are in government office and who are making decisions should seek and follow medical advice from the people who are qualified to give medical advice on the subject of communicable diseases and have a solid curriculum vitae in that area.

I also wish that people would not deify or vilify medical experts who are trying to stay abreast of statistics and lack of them.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
U.S. intelligence was acquiring data and other information about Covid 19 and its possible pandemic effect in early January. Both China and the US were attempting to down play the seriousness of the virus, but the medical and scientific folks on both sides of the pond would not be silent. This is a global problem not a them versus us.
The USA closely studied and worked to pursue the ramifications of this virus with the info they garnered and exactly what the world was dealing with as it evolved. To think otherwise is foolish in that there was no desire anywhere to ignore it and create a pandemic, other than China. Of course, the armchair quarterbacks had all of the answers already in October of 2019.

Last edited by Aces4; 05-24-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:21 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Perhaps I should have said that I think people who are in government office and who are making decisions should seek and follow medical advice from the people who are qualified to give medical advice on the subject of communicable diseases and have a solid curriculum vitae in that area.

I also wish that people would not deify or vilify medical experts who are trying to stay abreast of statistics and lack of them.
Who has been proven not to “FOLLOW” evolving medical advice? We are currently witnessing an often belligerent public saying enough already. They can’t live without income and in constant isolation. We have, in our home because of our age, continued to isolate and pray for a vaccine soon.

There is a smaller risk for the under 60 crowd and most of them are willing to take it. There is currently a 43 year old RN who was in extremely critical condition who is beginning to turn the corner into recovery. She was administered hydroxychloroquine and covid blood plasma. The medical community is waiting for the final assessments on this virus and must work within the realms of current data and potential effectiveness. We don’t know everything there is to know about this virus at this point. Btw, covid plasma is in short supply.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

I just couldn’t read it after the first few names... just too painful.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
I'll take rewriting history for $1000 Alex

On January 21st Dr Fauci said “Americans Don't Need To Worry About Coronavirus:

Dr. Fauci said on February 8th: 'Danger of getting coronavirus now is just minusculely low': There is no reason to wear a mask

Dr. Anthony Fauci on February 29th tells the Today Show that there is NO NEED for the public to change their behavior over concern for Coronavirus:

On March 9th, Dr. Anthony Fauci recommends taking a cruise, tells Forbes Magazine that if you’re healthy, cruise ships are safe:
On those dates, almost everyone was in the dark. That was when they were putting bodies on the street in Italy. Some blame China for not sharing accurate information. I think that after a year or two years when we can get statistics we can trust about the rate of infection and death, the risk of contagion and the attributes of the virus itself to cause illness, we will all be able to expound on the answers. I am very glad I wasn't in the hot seat. I have heard many, many, outrageous and ridiculous things by those in charge and those in the cheap seats. I cannot tell you how many of my friends said to take an elderberry substance and have more faith in the Lord. Who knows, they may be right.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

IMHO I sense that the Publisher and the Editors of the NYT have completely lost their compass and have morphed into a "Jingo Press"
Old 05-24-2020, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
IMHO I sense that the Publisher and the Editors of the NYT have completely lost their compass and have morphed into a "Jingo Press"
And? Given these times I don’t see the problem.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Really.....
Yes REALLY. The ultra Orthodox were also responsible for the spread of measles last year in Rockland and Orange Counties in NY. They refuse to be vaccinated and the cases were traced specifically to their segregated (Whites, Blacks, Hispanic etc. Christians prohibited) enclaves. Rockland County fought heroically against a non interested Governor. These are the FACTS...Read up on Kyrias Joel and New Square if you dare. The NY Times accused Rocklanders of being Anti Semitic for pointing this out even though we are the smallest a County in NYS we had the largest population of measles infections in the whole of the United States. A COVED Vaccine will mean nothing to these People-since take will not take it.

Last edited by villagerjack; 05-24-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I just couldn’t read it after the first few names... just too painful.
And Avoidable had Cuomo Used the COMFORT and JAVITS.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
On those dates, almost everyone was in the dark. That was when they were putting bodies on the street in Italy. Some blame China for not sharing accurate information. I think that after a year or two years when we can get statistics we can trust about the rate of infection and death, the risk of contagion and the attributes of the virus itself to cause illness, we will all be able to expound on the answers. I am very glad I wasn't in the hot seat. I have heard many, many, outrageous and ridiculous things by those in charge and those in the cheap seats. I cannot tell you how many of my friends said to take an elderberry substance and have more faith in the Lord. Who knows, they may be right.
Daily Double bells ring

Jan 20 China finally tells world virus is infectious person to person spread
Old 05-24-2020, 12:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Daily Double bells ring

Jan 20 China finally tells world virus is infectious person to person spread
And yet it took till March to inform the American public. SAD.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Yes REALLY. The ultra Orthodox were also responsible for the spread of measles last year in Rockland and Orange Counties in NY. They refuse to be vaccinated and the cases were traced specifically to their segregated (Whites, Blacks, Hispanic etc. Christians prohibited) enclaves. Rockland County fought heroically against a non interested Governor. These are the FACTS...Read up on Kyriad Joel and New Square if you dare. The NY Times accused Rocklanders of being Anti Semitic for pointing this out even though we are the smallest a County in NYS we had the largest population of measles infections in the whole of the United States. A COVED Vaccine will mean nothing to these People-since take will not take it.
Oops...….
Old 05-24-2020, 12:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Double Jeopardy begins, all prizes are doubled

human to human transmission confirmed by china - bing search

40,100,000 results

human to human transmission confirmed by china - Bing
Old 05-24-2020, 12:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Wrong. Where and what were people doing that they didn’t hear about this until March? We had a discussion with a RN in early February regarding covid. Why was travel from China halted in January? I realize it works to some individuals advantage to be obtuse to the news but it was out there. We must move in some very intellectual circles because people were discussing how this virus would impact the stock market already in January.
Closed Thread

Tags
york, times, front, page, posts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.