News Media

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Default News Media

Is anybody else getting sick of the News media thru the TV stations, continuing to discontinue regular programming for hours upon hours to show "BREAKING NEWS". I am one that is trying to get away from the doom and glooming that the News media wants to always present us.

I like alot of the programs that they are preempting. There are already many strictly News channels. Why can't they present their stories etc on those channels and give us a FREEDOM OF CHOICE to what we want to watch.

They could leave the regular programing alone and just let everyone know that they can watch the "BREAKING NEWS' on another channel by putting the info at the bottom of the TV screen.

Yes i know i could watch on Netflix etc. but they don't have the programs that i like.

Does anyone agree?
Old 01-07-2021, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

We had enough of the story when we heard about it and now let us be entertained instead of the same thing over and over giving the networks viewpoint
Old 01-07-2021, 07:50 PM
Veteran member
Default Recording has its virtues!

I do not watch anything live on TV anymore. Everything that I might want to watch, I record. I therefore fast forward through the cr*p, be it commercials or the endless droning on and on for stories that never seem to end. For example, I did attempt to tune into TNT to watch the Nets/Sixers game and sure enough, the announcing team was pontificating on the current "hot news" and politics. I turned it off and since I have NBA League pass, signed in and am streaming the game.

I watch no news programs since their content has proven biased time and time again. I used to try to catch the weather, but found that the bias even crept into the intro of the weather. I'll stay with using a very reliable weather app that I have and ignore the rest. Life is so much less stressful than hearing such drivel on a daily basis.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

All about competition and ratings......and our market isn't really their market. Our demographic isn't attractive to advertisers......and both the tv stations and the advertisers have large marketing departments that tell them what works and doesn't work. If you have cable you might find what you want to watch on the on demand channel

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. .”
Old 01-07-2021, 09:07 PM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is saturation of breaking news coverage across many channels. Please stay on topic or the thread will be closed.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
Is anybody else getting sick of the News media thru the TV stations, continuing to discontinue regular programming for hours upon hours to show "BREAKING NEWS". I am one that is trying to get away from the doom and glooming that the News media wants to always present us.

I like alot of the programs that they are preempting. There are already many strictly News channels. Why can't they present their stories etc on those channels and give us a FREEDOM OF CHOICE to what we want to watch.

They could leave the regular programing alone and just let everyone know that they can watch the "BREAKING NEWS' on another channel by putting the info at the bottom of the TV screen.

Yes i know i could watch on Netflix etc. but they don't have the programs that i like.

Does anyone agree?
I think it is sad to hear all these comments.

What has occurred in this country has never happened before. Last closest event like this was about 150 years ago. Never has our democracy been under seige ever like this. Never has so much rubbish disinformation been thrown at people. Never have we had to confront one lying conspiracy theory after another.

Point is...it is the future of your children and grand chikdren.

How can you not care ? How can you turn your back on your country’s future ?
Old 01-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

How can you read something like this (and I certainly cannot confirm accuracy) and turn your back to watch movies.

If our country was under different attack, would you care ?

How do you face your kids and grandkids and say, you don’t care ?

US allies say Trump attempted coup with help from federal law enforcement - Business Insider

Yes, it takes time to search the truth, but at this moment in history, we better be paying attention to truth, because the next coup or insurrection may be successful and it does matter, a lot, whether we know truth.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
How can you read something like this (and I certainly cannot confirm accuracy) and turn your back to watch movies.

US allies say Trump attempted coup with help from federal law enforcement - Business Insider

Yes, it takes time to search the truth, but at this moment in history, we better be paying attention to truth, because the next coup or insurrection may be successful and it does matter, a lot, whether we know truth.
Now that you've admonished the OP for not wanting to be bombarded non-stop with breaking news.. Are you actually sitting in front of the television or computer all day watching the news? What do you glean from all the information that you are getting from the overload of information? I can see that it makes you upset. So at the end of the day what has all this information done for you? What in your life has changed since you saw all this news? More importantly since it so eats at the very core of your patriotic being, what are you doing to improve the situation?

I've seen the threads that have been shut down today. You're on the same side you were on yesterday. All of the other people that replied are still on the same sides they were on yesterday. So as I see it the only thing that's happened over the past couple days has really accomplished nothing except to keep your blood pressure up.

Now before you go and tell me that I should be upset about what happened yesterday, I am. But that's not the topic of this thread. News overload is.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Last edited by Kenswing; 01-07-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

they can run the same story for hours & each time it's breaking news!
Old 01-08-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

Couldn't agree more. I am amazed that so many do not see the problem or care to learn about it.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:04 AM

What news it’s all propaganda brainwashing
Best tv is one that’s off
Old 01-08-2021, 06:14 AM
Default Absolutely agree

Quote:

They could leave the regular programing alone and just let everyone know

that they can watch the "BREAKING NEWS' on another channel by putting the info at the bottom of the TV screen.

Does anyone agree?
I do. One million percent
Old 01-08-2021, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Does anyone agree?
Disagree. We need the breaking news. It is the commercials that I could do without. Repeated too often
Old 01-08-2021, 06:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I agree there is too much repetition these days on TV networks. I think it's mostly been because of the pandemic and the special political times we are experiencing. I look forward to both those topics not being so relevant soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
news, media, watch, regular, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.