News Media

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2021, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

It's hard to support the OP's point of view when we have in excess of 3000 stations available today. I remember when there was three stations and they started at 4 PM and the national anthem turned them off at 11 pm. When breaking news occurred in those days it was on all three stations end of choice. What viewing choices did you have the day JFK was shot ? People complained about interrupting Days Of Our Lives then also.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:26 AM

I don't like to live in a dream world I like to hear what's going on in the world. The real world, I'm not that sensitive that it's going to upset me to listen to a newscast. If I don't like it then I use the remote and it's called mute.

Last edited by GRACEALLEMAN; 01-08-2021 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. .”
Cameras don’t lie.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:43 AM

Why do you need to watch the news. It will only make you stressed and unhappy. The only time I watch any news channel is 5 minutes for local weather. Why not spend your time watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, Great Courses, and other far more enriching programs.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:50 AM
Default Breaking News

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
Is anybody else getting sick of the News media thru the TV stations, continuing to discontinue regular programming for hours upon hours to show "BREAKING NEWS". I am one that is trying to get away from the doom and glooming that the News media wants to always present us.

I like alot of the programs that they are preempting. There are already many strictly News channels. Why can't they present their stories etc on those channels and give us a FREEDOM OF CHOICE to what we want to watch.

They could leave the regular programing alone and just let everyone know that they can watch the "BREAKING NEWS' on another channel by putting the info at the bottom of the TV screen.

Yes i know i could watch on Netflix etc. but they don't have the programs that i like.

Does anyone agree?
I wonder if you would have the same mindset had you been present during the bombing of Pearl Harbor. I realize television had not yet been invented, but I'm fairly certain the radio stations carried the news of the attack. On December 7, 1941 we were attacked by a foreign enemy; on January 6, 2021 we were attacked by domestic terrorists. Personally, I believe the news coverage is about the right amount in this instance. If you miss a particular T.V. program because of media coverage, you can always get it later on by going through "On Demand"
Old 01-08-2021, 07:50 AM

It's unfortunate that we must go thru these times . We have experienced a lot in our lives but "breaking news" should not disrupt your right to watch TV...
Closed Thread

Tags
news, media, watch, regular, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.