Nice SLIM Men's wallet - finally!

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Nice SLIM Men's wallet - finally!

FYI.

Happened to get a link from Amazon re slim men's wallets. My last few wallets over the years have been trifold...and I tended to store too much in them..
They had become WAY too thick, and were a pain in the a$$.

So checked out the Amazon link and ordered - viola'.... love it. It fits almost all the cards as before; I did eliminate carrying 3 cards I seldom use. $$bills are folded and slip in easily. Also this wallet comes in 27 leather choices and is RIFD.

It's so slim that I can put it in a front pants pocket as well. The new wallet (loaded) is now the thickness of JUST my old wallet empty. nice.
There are also women's versions - different brands too - avail.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPGWHYN...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_105217.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	79809   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_105129.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	79810  
Old 06-08-2019, 09:26 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

That's what I use. I purchased three.............two for back-up (hoping I will live a while).

Mine has clear plastic on one side for the driver's license.

I've been a front pocket guy for 25 years.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here's another option that I really like, because it has a zipper all the way around and a pocket inside for change. No more change in my pants pocket and a zipper is nice. I purchased one at Walmart for $12 about 20 years ago. The zipper wore out after about 3 years, and went back to Walmart and they no longer had them.

I went online and bought one for $30 from a wallet store. Then when that one wore out in about 3 years. I went on eBay and bought three of them for $10 each. In about ten years when those three wore out, I went back on eBay and bought them for $7.95 and bought three more. I'm using one of those now for about the last 4 years and still have 2 new ones in the desk. As you can tell, I love these and for that price I can toss them away and use a new one every 3 or 4 years!

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Here they are now for $6.95 with free shipping and you can buy as many as you want.

New Mens Genuine Leather Zip Secure Zipper Around Wallet Black Billfold Coin Key | eBay
Old 06-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Stopped carrying a wallet a couple years ago......also stopped carrying one dollar bills....carry drivers license, one credit card, Villages ID card. All other cards are scanned in the phone.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Stopped carrying a wallet a couple years ago......also stopped carrying one dollar bills....carry drivers license, one credit card, Villages ID card. All other cards are scanned in the phone.

Understand, but I always will carry my Medical Card (Healthcare Plan), Emerg contact info card & meds, prepaid death info card, 1 addtl credit card, a blank check, and a 'social' card.

So, with everything incl $$$ the new case is 3/4" total, about 1/2 of my previous trifold.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

I think I read somewhere that back in the day, among his other entrepreneurial pursuits, Harold Schwartz sold mail order zipper wallets.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I think I read somewhere that back in the day, among his other entrepreneurial pursuits, Harold Schwartz sold mail order zipper wallets.
Maybe that's how Market of Marion got it's start. You know eBay got it's start from a fellow trying to sell his Pez collection. Small items leading to big ideas.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

I just carry cards and paper money. This is what I have used for the past 6 months or so. Smallest and best I've found.

The Ridge Wallet: Slim, RFID blocking metal wallet.

I showed my barber and he showed me the similar, much less expensive wallet he uses... a rubber band. He has to replace his more often than I do though.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage

I noticed about six months ago I was having problems with some of my credits cards not being read by the machines at the stores. I called my bank on one and they said it probably got demagnetized and sent me a new card. It started happening again, so I picked up these sleeves on eBay about 4 months ago, 15 for $10 delivered, end of problem. I see he went up a $1, now $11. There are several sellers on ebay with different designs and prices. They even included bigger ones for a passport.

The Villages Florida

15 RFID Blocking Credit Card Passport Holder Case Cover Safety Sleeve Protector 849287037046 | eBay
Old 06-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Understand, but I always will carry my Medical Card (Healthcare Plan), Emerg contact info card & meds, prepaid death info card, 1 addtl credit card, a blank check, and a 'social' card.

So, with everything incl $$$ the new case is 3/4" total, about 1/2 of my previous trifold.
Wow....you are prepared

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Wow....you are prepared

yep... don't want to be a "burden" to family - lives all across the USA. My 'arrangements' are all prepaid. When I go (deadlike), an 877 number to call. A Provider will 'pick me up', if within 100 miles of TV. And transport me to UCF College of Medicine where I will be used for medical science. The afterward cremated.
If I 'go' in another State or Country, another Provider will do it.

Easy come easy go. That's why I always carry the card for someone to start the process.

My last wish is to have it happen at a beautiful TV golf hole, after another Hole in One or a terrific Eagle... or even just on the golf course. period

Tags
wallet, slim, nice, cards, mens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.