No fault insurance question

No fault insurance question

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-29-2018, 08:55 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie shooter View Post
i would call my agent.

agreeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 12-29-2018, 09:17 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Thank you all, I'll call the sales agent Monday morning, it's through TV Insurance. Have a happy New Year all.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2018, 11:07 PM
Sage

Travelers just took care of me for a small claim and were fantastic. You probably got the third or fourth string in customer service because of the holiday. You will be taken care of better next week.

I used Car Guys for the repair. OEM parts. Easy to deal with and very communicative. 352-561-4029, the man's name was Jose.

Travelers had me use Enterprise in LSL who made it even easier. Best of Luck. Sorry for your troubles.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

No fault also know as personal injury liability in Florida pays up to $10,000 of your medical, loss wages and loss of household expenses per accident. This means if you are injured in an accident regardless of fault, your own no fault pays 1st up to $10,000.

In your circumstances, the at fault party under their property damage liability coverage on their policy (minimum required in Florida is $10;000) would pay for the damage to your car and a rental car would be included. If you go ahead and rent a car you should be reinbursed if they have sufficient coverage.

You also have the option to file under your own policy ( collision coverage, subject to your deductible) and your own rental car coverage which is normally for 30 days. Your company will then surrogate against at fault party and if they are able to collect will reimburse your deductible.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by GatorFan; 12-30-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-30-2018, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

You always can go wherever you choose, however, if you use one of the contract collision companies the repairs are quaranteed for as long as you own car. Car Guys is contracted with most of the insurance companies

Last edited by GatorFan; 12-30-2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Corrections
Old 12-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 04-21-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here's my experience when I got rear-ended at the Marathon Station on 466A while waiting to move out into traffic. The fellow that ran into me, admitted his foot slipped off the brake. He actually pushed my car out into the street, fortunately no traffic was in that lane. I drove around the block and came back around he was in the bank parking lot waiting.

He gave me his name, phone number and his insurance info, it was Travelers. When I got home, I called Travelers and they said an appraiser would be at my home tomorrow. I never called my insurance company.

The appraiser estimated the damage at $1200 and they would pay for a car rental while mine was being repaired. I asked if he recommended one shop over another, or the dealer. He said, it didn't matter, but he heard good things about Car Guys in Lady Lake. He said, I'll put this in the system and wait about 15 minutes and you can call the repair shop.

I called Car Guys and they asked for the Travelers claim number, they said they had the info, and to bring in my car tomorrow and it would be fixed in one day. They said would I need a rental, I said yes, they said we'll call Enterprise at LSL and they'll come and pick me up at Car Guys.

I took my car in and was picked up by Enterprise and got a rental car at LSL and went home. The next day I got a call from Car Guys, they said once the techs got under the car, there was more damage to the trunk. I said do you want me to call the appraiser. They said, No, they had already done that, and he had stopped by and approved $2400 in repairs. However, my car would probably be 3 or 4 days to get fixed.

The next week they called and said it was ready, and I drove to LSL dropped off the rental, and they took me to Car Guys and my car was like new. The bumper didn't really need painting, it was not scratched, but bumped in. However, I know they repainted the bumper because the old dealer sticker was not there anymore, and the car looked like new. They did a fantastic job, and Travelers was great to work with and I never informed my insurance company.
That was a good experience.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
One of my concerns if I go to their company is that I would have to go to wherever they want to send me and I wouldn't get a loaner.
Not true. You should NEVER use a body shop that your (or their) insurance company sends you. YOU choose a body shop that does NOT use junkyard parts on your vehicle. Make sure they are brand new factory parts. You'll have to fight for it, but it's your right.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:05 PM
Gold member

Talked with Travelers today and they said the simplest way is to gall Geico, give them the other guys policy number and they'll take care of it including giving us a loaner while being repaired. They also suggested Car Guys for the repair. I will mention I want new parts only. thanks all.
Florida statue
Old 12-31-2018, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

Default Florida statue

Chapter 626 Section 9743 - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Tags
insurance, pay, deductible, fault, company