No guidelines for airline passenger safety?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 06:05 AM

Yes it could be if the government would make a rule to put that person without a mascon on the do not fly list.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:18 AM

Before this pandemic, I flew 150,000 miles for the last 15 years (Delta Diamond Member with over 3M miles). Delta's plan, like many others include eliminating the middle seat (and I've seen that enforced), loading the back of the plane first (which makes sense), and highly recommending masks. All their employees will be required to have masks as well. They've also improved the ventilation systems on the plane. Will I fly soon? Is flying essential to my livelyhood? YES and YES

just my opinion though...........and remember, how can someone's "opinion" be wrong? It's merely an opinion not a fact statement
Old 05-30-2020, 09:15 PM

American Airlines

A face covering is required while flying on American, except for very young children or anyone with a condition that prevents them from wearing one. You also may be required by local law to wear a face covering in the airport where your trip begins, where it ends or where you connect.

Please bring your own face covering to use while traveling. While limited quantities of face coverings may be available at the gate, they will not be available for every customer on every flight.
Be sure your face covering is on before you board the plane and wear it during your flight.
Your face covering may be removed to eat or drink, but please put it back on when you’re done.
Keep in mind, a face covering can be a mask or any secured cloth like a scarf or bandana that covers your nose and mouth. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for more information.
Seat assignments

We’re continuing to limit the number of customers on our flights.

When time and flights permit, gate agents may reassign seats to create more space between customers or to accommodate families who need to be seated together.

Once boarding is complete you can move to another seat within your ticketed cabin.*
Old 05-30-2020, 09:30 PM
theruizs

My concern was that the requirements vary by airline. Given they are all regulated by the FAA I would have hoped that they would step in and make a set of requirements that apply to all. Some airlines are limiting seating, others are not or are ambiguous about it and I have no doubt it will vary even by flight/destination, etc. These planes are enclosed with recycled air so the time/exposure is very high if anyone on board has it but is not yet showing symptons. Masks for passengers and crew, and no more than 60% of capacity would seem to me to be a minimum requirement. We don’t fly again until July (unless things go south again) so I hope it is a non-issue by then.
Closed Thread

Tags
guidelines, follow, capacity, airlines, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.