No more diet lime coke

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Platinum member
Default No more diet lime coke

OK- I readily admit this is not a seriously critical problem. I like diet lime coke - I may drink one can per day. However, coca-cola corporate has substituted a new series of diet coke drinks, including diet lime ginger. IMHO it is perfectly awful. I sent an e-mail to coke and did get a response which was only a justification for their decision. The machines in restaurants already reflect this change. Is there anyone else who liked the diet lime?
Old 04-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Veteran member

yes- I was upset when I could only buy it in cans.. and I hate cans, so I quit buying it but now I only drink it when I found it in the machine with all the diff types of drink.. Five Guys has one.. guess I won't see it anymore..
Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

I never touch diet soda of any kind. Why You Should Stop Drinking Diet Soda - Health

Increasing brain tumor rates: is there a link to aspartame? - PubMed - NCBI

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,619 Times in 5,198 Posts

Never had it, but one time a woman bought me a 6 pack of lime flavored beer. I don't see her anymore.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I don't like the after taste of Diet soda. I probably drink water instead. Regular soda bad enough, But long as you limit it to one day I don't think it's problem, but I don't know how the chemical leaves the body, if it does?. I worked with guy that brought Coke Big Gulp (outlawed in NYC???? ) before work. Filled it up at morning break, lunch, afternoon break, and before he left for home. He done that the 20 years I worked with him. But he is just now in his early 60s now?
Old 04-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Never had it, but one time a woman bought me a 6 pack of lime flavored beer. I don't see her anymore.
how about Rum with splash of coke? diet it your watching your weight
Old 04-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Do you dislike Pepsi? They have diet lime.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
OK- I readily admit this is not a seriously critical problem. I like diet lime coke - I may drink one can per day. However, coca-cola corporate has substituted a new series of diet coke drinks, including diet lime ginger. IMHO it is perfectly awful. I sent an e-mail to coke and did get a response which was only a justification for their decision. The machines in restaurants already reflect this change. Is there anyone else who liked the diet lime?
I'm sorry this thread has gone off-topic with people berating the use of diet sodas. Has nothing to do with what you asked.

I wonder if you could squeeze lime into your can of diet coke and get a similar result?

I get a hankering for carbonation if I haven't had it in a week or so. I'm not going to drink sugared pop, so diet root beer it is, a few times a week. If they take IBC off the shelves, I'm sunk.

I hope you find a suitable alternative. I hate it when something you love is pulled from the shelves. My Kraft fat-free mayo disappeared from all the grocery stores around here a couple years ago, and now I have to mail-order it. Same thing with Equal Exchange coffee that Winn Dixie used to carry (my favorite coffee).
Old 04-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm sorry this thread has gone off-topic with people berating the use of diet sodas. Has nothing to do with what you asked.

I wonder if you could squeeze lime into your can of diet coke and get a similar result?

I get a hankering for carbonation if I haven't had it in a week or so. I'm not going to drink sugared pop, so diet root beer it is, a few times a week. If they take IBC off the shelves, I'm sunk.

I hope you find a suitable alternative. I hate it when something you love is pulled from the shelves. My Kraft fat-free mayo disappeared from all the grocery stores around here a couple years ago, and now I have to mail-order it. Same thing with Equal Exchange coffee that Winn Dixie used to carry (my favorite coffee).
I drink seltzer instead of soda. No calories, no salt.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
I drink seltzer instead of soda. No calories, no salt.
So this still has nothing to do with what OP asked.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Thanks CFrance. I consider it my indulgence and will miss it.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We go to PDQ now and then. My drink of choice there is/was Diet Coke Lime....they have a couple of the nice easy to use DIY Coke machines. Noticed months ago...no diet lime and have that ginger lime diet coke. Never had the will to try that (sounds yucky) So I switched to Vanilla DC or Cherry DC. Guess I'm easy...but now that you mentioned it....damn...

BTW for you 'WARNING re diet drinks folks' - kills rats etc, I ONLY drink Diet Coke like at PDQ or such every couple weeks. OK?????
Old 04-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
So this still has nothing to do with what OP asked.
Totally agree with you. Happens way to often. Very, very annoying all I can say it is down to Total IGNORANCE on those who post useless comments that are USELESS !!!
Closed Thread

Tags
diet, coke, lime, response, justification

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.