Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default I concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gage405 View Post
I agree completely. I dont even like the local radio playing on the
loudspeakers at LSL!
When we were in the visitation mode here in TV I was struck by VLG blasting at LSL. I call VLG The propaganda station. The following quote typifies that propoganda. "How long has it been since you toured an open house here in the Villages?" My answer... Last MAY dipstick, thats how I decided which home I wanted to build. After the stress of my last move why would I want to do that to myself again. Besides, I am so busy playing I have to struggle to find time to clean my house half the time. Why would I want to waste time at an Open House for a home I am not going to buy. DUH. " Oh my did I really say something that mean?? So sorry. I know some Villagers do purcahse a different home than the one they landed in, but I wonder if it was because they decided to move for a different reason that they happend through an Open House. I don't know maybe I am wrong.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
When we were in the visitation mode here in TV I was struck by VLG blasting at LSL. I call VLG The propaganda station. The following quote typifies that propoganda. "How long has it been since you toured an open house here in the Villages?" My answer... Last MAY dipstick, thats how I decided which home I wanted to build. After the stress of my last move why would I want to do that to myself again. Besides, I am so busy playing I have to struggle to find time to clean my house half the time. Why would I want to waste time at an Open House for a home I am not going to buy. DUH. " Oh my did I really say something that mean?? So sorry. I know some Villagers do purcahse a different home than the one they landed in, but I wonder if it was because they decided to move for a different reason that they happend through an Open House. I don't know maybe I am wrong.
I have friends here who love going to Open Houses! Maybe they view this as just another activity here in The Villages! I think that probably they DO sell homes this way. As for the music playing on the two Town Squares, I really don't mind it. At least they play music from MY era! I dread to think what the music will be 50 years from now....rap, I guess! I won't have to worry about it, that's for sure!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Platinum member

You mean you people can still hear here? My hearing is like my eyesight....shot.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gage405 View Post
I agree completely. I dont even like the local radio playing on the
loudspeakers at LSL!
I agree. I hate the loudspeakers with the corny sappy music. Makes me feel 100 years old!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
My gripe lately is the very loud background music on television soaps and sitcoms where the music muffles the dialogue!! I've written a number of times to the programs about this and nothing changes as well as no responses.
I agree.

Because I wear "hearers" they also amplify every sound so that I can't hear the dialogue sometimes.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Founder

During the late 80s and early 90s, I was on broadcast assignments through most of the cultural capitals of the former Soviet Union. In almost every city I visited, there was state propaganda being broadcast through speakers on every corner. When it wasn't spoken word, it was some kind of funeral dirge music.

JLK
Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Sage

Another quiet fan here. Sometimes when hubby travels for work, I never turn on a TV the whole time he's gone. I love the sound of quiet!

BTW, does TGI Friday's still play music so loud you can't here yourself think? The first and last time I ever went to one was more than 30 years ago. The music was so loud it actually hurt. I have not been back to one since.

I can't understand why people play boom boxes at the pools. Why not just use earbugs rather than imposing on everyone else?

I rather like the radio playing at the squares though. I guess because it adds to the feel of it being a festive entertainment district.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:39 PM

I agree about the noise pollution, is there anything we can DO as Villagers to stop the radio playing in the squares and the Rec centers?
I bet a lot of folks would vote against this intrusion on our peace and quiet?

And the restaurants...I usually have to ask them to turn down the volume. Some do, some don't.
The worst is when the station is playing somewhere and it's not tuned in, and there's constant static. No one seems to notice!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought i was cursed w/ super sensitive hearing.
Thanks for opening this up and letting me feel not alone.
Is there anything we can do about the radio in the squares and rec centers????
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Bosoxfan

[
I rather like the radio playing at the squares though. I guess because it adds to the feel of it being a festive entertainment district. [/QUOTE]
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Bosoxfan

Is there anything we can do about the radio in the squares and rec centers????[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure if there were a poll taken you folks in this thread would be in the minority regarding the music at the squares.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Another quiet fan here. I rather like the radio playing at the squares though. I guess because it adds to the feel of it being a festive entertainment district.
I do love the sound of silence. However I agree with Pturner, the radio playing wrinklie music at the Squares adds to the festive ambience.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 AM

are you guys complaining of loud music or any noises....All I see is music,music,music....Noise is different for diff people....me personally am annoyed by someones dog barking constantly or someone who decided to take the baffles out of his motorcycle to sound cool...or the yard man who comes early in the morning to cut grass but can,t seem to afford that muffler for his truck...don't get me wrong ,I love the villages ,but with some 80,000 people and many more visitors noise is everywhere....By the way,,you motorcycle riders who love those loud harley,s.....look in the mirror....you ain't cool anymore....put the baffles back in......
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Default Music

I have no problem with music in the squares. If you do not like it wear earplugs. SILLY
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Gold member
Default noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistrucksforyou View Post
are you guys complaining of loud music or any noises....All I see is music,music,music....Noise is different for diff people....me personally am annoyed by someones dog barking constantly or someone who decided to take the baffles out of his motorcycle to sound cool...or the yard man who comes early in the morning to cut grass but can,t seem to afford that muffler for his truck...don't get me wrong ,I love the villages ,but with some 80,000 people and many more visitors noise is everywhere....By the way,,you motorcycle riders who love those loud harley,s.....look in the mirror....you ain't cool anymore....put the baffles back in......
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
As a big fan of quiet, I couldn't agree with you more. Let's take this a step further - what about the people here with radios in their golf carts that blares loudly as they go by? Seriously, can't you take a golf cart ride without it? I don't want to hear your music, especially at the level you have it to be heard over a gas cart! And then there are the people who bring their radios to the pool and for some reason, sit next to me as I am trying to read my book in peace. Don't get me wrong, I love music but do you have to have noise wherever you go?
What scares me is when they start selling these in the village: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8iq1AtdlyU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.