Nostalgic for the North

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2021, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,047 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
yeah, i think fall was my favorite season there, it meant we'd get fresh everything @ Lyman's Orchard's, or going over to stew leonard's to stock up for kids' halloween parties. there was just a nip in the air before winter was on the way again, but lovely sunsets
When I worked in Hartford we played golf often at Lyman Orchards. Two beautiful 18 hole courses.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I miss the North less and less as time passes. I don’t tease family and friends when they are in snow up to their, well deep snow anyway. The Florida life is the one for me with only one drawback. Hurricanes! Up North we worried about NOTHING!
Old 03-23-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Yeah I miss all of that shoveling also. But honestly a cold crisp day in winter once in a while in Florida is okay. I enjoy when the trees change color even in Florida it's lovely. I enjoyed the best pizza in Chinese food in New Jersey and the fact that I could go to a shore even all year round being 10 minutes over the toms River bridge and have my own little walk on the boardwalk, have Rita's ices as well has all the small independent retailers that were n ot pushed out by big box stores
Old 03-23-2021, 10:10 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
I remember that. Snowmaggedon, right, JohnW? I was in MD and was so over it. I decided to move to FL long before that, but work in DC got in the way. Until 2011.
I was inside the Beltway working for snowmageddon. Closed everything down. Tried to make it home - made it as far as the Marriott by Andrews AFB..
Closed Thread

Tags
north, nostalgic, miss, back, picture

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.