not being able to buy a new home in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Default not being able to buy a new home in the Villages

As a frequent visitor of The Villages, my parent's have loved there since 2004, my wife and I have known for years that we would like to move to the Villages in the future. One of the things we seem certain about is that by the time we can move to the Villages, there will be no more room for expansion and the build out will be complete, making it impossible to buy a new property.

There was several times where rumors about the Morse family building another community in Texas or somewhere else in Florida but I cant find any current discussions about that, but this would probably be the only way I would be able to by versus pre-owned. Dont get me wrong, we would buy pre-owned and make it our own but we just would like the option of new as well.

thanks,
Kyle
Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcormier View Post
As a frequent visitor of The Villages, my parent's have loved there since 2004, my wife and I have known for years that we would like to move to the Villages in the future. One of the things we seem certain about is that by the time we can move to the Villages, there will be no more room for expansion and the build out will be complete, making it impossible to buy a new property.

There was several times where rumors about the Morse family building another community in Texas or somewhere else in Florida but I cant find any current discussions about that, but this would probably be the only way I would be able to by versus pre-owned. Dont get me wrong, we would buy pre-owned and make it our own but we just would like the option of new as well.

thanks,
Kyle
Just that...................rumors. You will have to decide, at the time in the future, if you want The Villages experience or a new house........elsewhere.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

whenever you are ready what ever you would want in a new house will be available at some point in time. New home is not always all it is made up to be. and for very little money any home can be made into your home.

Our home for example is 10 years old....one would not be able to tell how old it is except for where we are located in TV. The lawn landscaping and everything else is mature and the neighborhood developed. Usually two old folks live in most of the homes so almost all will be in the gently used category.
I believe you would get more for your money with a resale.....converted to make it yours.

Good luck

btk
Old 11-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
snipped
I believe you would get more for your money with a resale.....converted to make it yours.

Good luck

btk
not to mention - a lower bond payment on a resale!

Old 11-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcormier View Post

thanks,
Kyle
You have to be kidding ! Don't believe all the rumors.

There are a ton of homes for sale, old and new alike, remember we old folks die, and the turnaround is staggering
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Sometimes an existing home is a great deal. Building a new home is just the beginning of the costs. There are often many many follow-on expenses to establish the home.

Existing homes often come appointed with all of the extras.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 AM

When we bought, in 1988 , in the historic section, word was that the building would stop at Rt 441.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttown View Post
When we bought, in 1988 , in the historic section, word was that the building would stop at Rt 441.
The above statement is probably still true.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:50 AM

And that Rt 441 would be in Leesburg.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Sage

I see from your profile that you are 44 years old. Nobody knows for sure,except for the developer, what the ending build-out date will be. No one knows, where we will be in twenty or so years from now. Hopefully, above the grass.

I am sure you find a pre-owned home that might be slightly /barely used assuming that no new homes are being built when you are able to retire and or invest in a property. I agree, it's nice to have that option, but you may change your mind and think a pre-owned is more suitable to your needs. GOD knows that many people bought something different from what they perceived or thought, they wanted.

Relax. This place is beautiful no matter where you live and I'm sure you will be happy.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

We found a great price on a foreclosed Colony Villa. Keep your eyes open, you may find a deal hard to pass up. I would consider buying now, if a a deal presents itself , and be an absent owner and rent the place. It will easily cover your cost. JMHO
Old 11-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Majority of people keep their homes in great shape, so I'm sure there will be a home for you and renovation is a thing to do most of the time. We have lived in TV 9 years, bought a newly constructed and have changed it over the years to suit us. New homes are nice but you can do a lot with an older one also
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Sage

There is one huge difference in buying "resale" homes here. With people coming from east or west coast states and metro areas where homes like we have here would cost 4 times what they cost here: When they sell their homes and come here they often have LOTS of extra money to spend on expensive enhancements that younger buyers would not be able to afford (and would not want construction/remodeling projects staring them in the face when they arrive).

Many new home buyers immediately take out perfectly good flooring, window treatments, countertops and appliances, to treat themselves to upgraded features like that, or adding a beautiful pool and fountain, or by adding on a room in back or a golf cart garage stall.

Cost-wise it's less expensive to buy a home with all those type of enhancements already in place, with the extra $20,000 in landscaping and trees the first owners might have done.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.