Is this not what we're supposed to be about?

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Default Is this not what we're supposed to be about?

Each of us has been given gifts and, IMHO, has a responsibility to use those gifts to serve others, whether those close to us or total strangers. Here's a man who has taken it to an ultimate life goal....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Wow truly awesome , wish more people could educate themselves on how to be caring
Old 09-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

He is indeed an awesome person. But I have to wonder how did he simply quit his job to do this? Where does the food that he prepares come from and how does he support himself?
I'm not trying to take anything away from the great work that this man does, but we live in a real world where everything costs something.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What a beautiful man. Here we have an orthodox Brahmin (Hindu) doing God's work and yet I have friends who tell me that he will not pass into Heaven because he hasn't accepted Jesus; they talk the talk and this man walks the walk. Thank you for this inspiring story.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
He is indeed an awesome person. But I have to wonder how did he simply quit his job to do this? Where does the food that he prepares come from and how does he support himself?
I'm not trying to take anything away from the great work that this man does, but we live in a real world where everything costs something.
Of course I have no answers to these questions. But let's say we take the initial premise—that he's doing in accordance with the gifts he's been given—and the farmer who grows the food gives as his gift food to feed not only the man but those that the man serves, and on and on. On a longer term basis there's also the concept of "passing it forward"; perhaps the young man who gives our man the hug will in years to come be in a position where he can do the same as our man. Think about it; he didn't "quit his job" in a sense; he simply traded one job for a different one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
What a beautiful man. Here we have an orthodox Brahmin (Hindu) doing God's work and yet I have friends who tell me that he will not pass into Heaven because he hasn't accepted Jesus; they talk the talk and this man walks the walk. Thank you for this inspiring story.
Let's just accept that some awful things perpetrated in the world were done in the name of religion. Centuries ago, the "battle cry" of one of the Crusades—Christians sent to kill Moslems in the Middle East (because they weren't Christian!)—was "Kill them all; God will know his own!" Memories last and last and last, and eventually chickens come home to roost. Things don't happen in a vacuum out of the clear blue; there are reasons for everything....
Old 09-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
When we went out to the streets and woods where the homeless were, we gave them food that were donated by grocery stores, bakeries and restaurants. We then made up cold drinks,sandwiches,a piece of fruit and a slice of cake/cookies and some scriptures for them to read above how much God loves them,and pack them in a lunch bag for them. I can't speak for him, but this is we did. There's alot of businesses that have day-old food that they through away, we took advantage of that and put it to good use. The companies gave us alot of good stuff once they knew that it was to feed people that had nothing to eat. Plus, they could write it off as charity
:-)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.