Now that we are stocked up and ready to hunker down...keep it that way!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Now that we are stocked up and ready to hunker down...keep it that way!!!!!

If we all just keep the level of just in case stocking of the larder we should keep it at that level and just buy what we need as per usual.

That will take so much stress out of the next alert and would be a smart move......yeah right!!
Old 03-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
If we all just keep the level of just in case stocking of the larder we should keep it at that level and just buy what we need as per usual.

That will take so much stress out of the next alert and would be a smart move......yeah right!!
I was surprised to see that there was no bleach on the shelves at the supermarket yesterday. I have to wonder why all of these people didn't have any bleach before this week? So many of these things - I always have at least SOME of all this stuff around the house in the pantry or hall closet or bathroom cabinets. Are there really people who don't keep at least a couple weeks worth of toilet paper, one jug of bleach, a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and a can of lysol (or similar) in the house all the time?
Old 03-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

For our whole lives (before we bought a home in the Villages) every place we ever lived had a septic system. Bleach is poison to a septic system, it kills all the good bacteria that breaks down the waste in the holding tank. We are conditioned to never let a drop of bleach go down either a sink or toilet, or it will cause harm to our septic system. I guess now that we have a place in the Villages with public sewers, we can get ourselves a bottle of bleach.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

If the virus doesn't kill us stocking up does double duty for hurricane season also....
Old 03-11-2020, 06:57 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Stock up on all the great outdoor fresh air in TVs!
Closed Thread

Tags
level, usual, stress, alert, smart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.