Nuisance Calls From Apple Inc

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2018, 09:30 AM
deestatham

I get these all the time via email! It's a scam so I just ignore it.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Default Nuisance Calls

After years of receiving nuisance calls, I downloaded and installed an application named "BLACK LIST" for my Android cell phone. Reporting calls to police/sheriffs were to no avail. "BLACK LIST" won't stop the calls, but to log the telephone number in the application, your phone won't ring. At least it may give some peace of mind. All incoming calls will be logged, so be careful of which one's you BLOCK.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:58 AM

This along with other spoof methods are skirting the law by emulating someone you, have in theory, done business with. Apple is a big one because many people have Apple something! If in fact you have a business relationship, I think those people can call you. I have been hit with regular call attempts where by the spoofer indicates the call is coming from the same area or area codes as your cell phone. I assume it entices some to respond. I have instructed friends and family to leave a message because I will not answer if not in my contacts list. If in your contacts, it will display, at least with T-Mobile. The ones that I have trouble with are Medicare insurance and places I do want communication but they call from numbers I do not recognize or not in contacts. However, now if they don't leave a message, they do not get called back. I am now to the point of limited answering and only call back on a valid voice mail. One common outfit is indicating an association with Marriot and I assume they are trying to get a credit card number. I spent nearly 3 minutes repeating "take me off your list" while the caller just kept dragging the call out. Finally said she would remove me from futer calls but I'll bet it is short term future! I does get old!
Old 03-19-2018, 11:50 AM

Yes on Sat I was received a number of calls approx. 35 mins apart so I and each time they called the caller ID was different.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Default Calls From Apple Inc.

[QUOTE=REDCART;1524312]For the last three days we’ve received at least six calls a day from “Apple Inc” stating that our iCloud account has been breached. According to an Internet search it’s a known spam call. First of all, Apple doesn’t have our phone number—to the best of my knowledge. Secondly I would expect Apple to send an email, which they do have. Has anyone else received similar phone calls?

Yes, they called my home phone at least 3 times a day started last Wednesday. I just hank up this is a what I think as another Scam call.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:25 PM

If you have an iPhone consider an app called True Caller to block SPAM calls. Just search for it in the App Store.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:34 AM
Default How to end repeated spam nuisance calls and voicemails

I, too, found that these calls falsely claiming to be from "Apple" used too many different numbers to block and yet did not stop coming, and they would sometimes leave ten or more annoying voicemails a day.
I've successfully stopped those calls and similar ones forever with this technique: Answer and wait until the voice starts with the threats, false claims, or whatever, or if you answer and it's a recording with an instruction to press "1," go ahead and press "1" and wait for a person to speak.
Say nothing in response to their voice, ever. Instead, hold the receiver, portable phone, or cell phone next to whatever you are near that makes the loudest, most obnoxious noise you can produce. I usually repeatedly bang two metal pans together for a few minutes next to the mouthpiece until the caller hangs up, but I've also held the phone next to the garbage disposal while running food scraps through, and put the phone on a granite counter top while banging a pan on the adjacent granite over and over.
That's all it takes. After the first call when you say nothing but instead produce a horrible noise next to the mouthpiece, they will take your number off their calling list.
I suppose you could also blow a whistle into the mouthpiece, but I want to stop their calls, not damage their hearing - the caller might later turn over a new leaf and start doing good things instead.

Tags
apple, calls, phone, received, knowledge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.