THE OLD CARS WE DROVE - BRINGS BACK GOOD MEMORIES

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Default THE OLD CARS WE DROVE - BRINGS BACK GOOD MEMORIES

TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://objflicks.com/CarsWeDrove.htm TAKES A WHILE TO LOAD BUT IT IT IS WORTH THE WAIT..

MORE http://www.oldfortyfives.com/
E N J O Y
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: THE OLD CARS WE DROVE - BRINGS BACK GOOD MEMORIES

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :#1: :#1: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

STANDING OVATION
Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Cheers... :bigthumbsup: :#1: ;D

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

When I was in HS back in 60-64, I had a 1936 Plymouth convertable with rumble seat and running boards . It was custom painted a candy apple red with silver flake and a white rag top. It was "the bomb" Wish I still had it today. I would be down on the square during ventage car nights. Your video brought back lots of memories. . . .Thanks
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 08-13-2007, 02:13 PM

I HAD A RED 1957 Chevy Hardtop.... 327/350HP 4 sp 4:11 rear end......... We used to drag race every night.. its a wonder I did not get arrested or killed. SURE kick some BUTT .. 406 FORD.. Killed him through the qtr, then he passed me and got rubber in fourth gear.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH The Good Old days.. Filler up for $5
Old 08-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Platinum member

Your story tickled me LG. Everyone wanted to race me. I had a triple black 59 Corvette with a white convertible top, 283, 3 speed, wheel hopping 373 (I think) rear end. Just a looker - not a runner. It'd be worth 6 figures today on the block at Barrett Jackson. And that's how it all began.

Steve
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Had a '67 vette, black on black, stock 427 Turbo-Jet with 3 deuces. With good shifting and just a little burn out of the hole, I could turn low 12's in the quarter mile. We raced on the "Connecting Hwy. in Queens.The Connecting Highway in New York in the '60s was THE place for street racing. Everybody knew it and so did the cops. The Connecting Hwy. is a stretch of road that connects the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway to the Grand Central Parkway. Overpass to overpass was a quarter mile. Money runs were usually after midnight on Friday nights. Guys would arrange races at a diner on Queens Blvd., and then settle-up later that night. The cops finally closed it down in the early '70's by blocking the exit ramps with baracades. This little strip had the dubious reputation for the most tickets ever issued in one place in a single day in NY....the record still stands I think. Spectators would get ticketed too if they didn't run off. Won a few lost a few. Survived. Never saw any serious wrecks but I did see more than a few blown engines. When dudes began towing-in their specially tuned cars, it was time to just watch. That's about the time the cops got really serious too.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Sage

50 Ford Yellow Convert my dad bought me when I was 15; it sat in the garage until i was 16 and he sold it
56 Crown Vic white over orange
63 Sprite that my brother wrecked when i was in Nam
63 Catalina Sport Coupe cruised at about 100 (every other time on the open intersate you would look at the speedo and it was around 100)
about 4 each 66 black Fords, stick 6 cy, bought for $200 each. Sold one and the next day the guy brings it back cause the steering wheel fell off.
70 Maverick Grabber Candy Apple Red & Black - backed out of a parking spot and an old lady in a rust bucket 50 chevy tank nearly destroyed the rear end of the Maverick and not a nick on the rusty Chevy.
73 Audi 100 LS (everyone thought it was a Mercedes)(the speedo red plastic indicator needle dropped off)(if the temp was over 80 and you were making a left turn the horn would beep)
67 Plymouth 4 dr - had it on a job in Bellingham, Washington. After about three months of rain it had grass growing on the rear seat carpets.
80 Midnight Blue Cordoba with blue "Corinthean" leather seats
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Platinum member

bump worth bringing to the top
Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Sage

ttt
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-17-2007, 04:54 AM
Veteran member

Did have some hot cars but the most fun was a 1936 WC Allis chal Tractor with a 283 stroked out to 339 with a Chevy truck trans in it(tractor pulling in the beginning) that was a lot of fun. Took the eng. out of our stock car, old days not nascar.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Platinum member

bump
Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

1967 Yenko Camaro. 427 and hot!!!! I miss that car -- it put me through college. Guys wouldn't bother finding out what was under the hood and you just know that girls can't drive!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Sage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yenko_Camaro

One of 50 made - you should have kept it!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Wudda if I cudda -- it got totalled when the CHP set up a road block around a curve with no warning flares. Scratch my baby and I ended up in hospital for 18 months. But I'd probably still have her but for that. She was bright orange, with the stripes and YENKO on the rear fenders. She really was an awesome car.

Even worse, this was in the days of contributory negligence so if you were found even .0001% negligent, you collected nada and there was no question I was speeding. Ultimate settlement was they pay for my medical bills related to accident for the rest of my life. So far, that's been over $3M.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.