Oh NOOOOO!!!! Not another mask thread!

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2020, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts
Default Oh NOOOOO!!!! Not another mask thread!

Some of you may know I'm a big proponent of wearing masks to slow the spread of the virus that causes Covid-19. I've posted videos demonstrating the benefits of masks. This, IMHO, is one of the best videos out there that truly demonstrate that masks DO WORK to slow the spread of the virus. It is also very easy to understand and follow. The images on this video are absolutely breathtaking. Please watch........

How Well Do Masks Work? (Schlieren Imaging In Slow Motion!) - YouTube
Old 11-07-2020, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,241 Posts

Interesting video, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-07-2020, 10:45 PM

Indeed a very good video, but has anyone thought just maybe masks may be spreading this virus, just maybe? Yes the video is very good and does show how the virus is attached to moisture and captured by the mask. A very good thing. However how much virus is attached to moisture, how much just slips past the weave of the mask? In the video it shows air currents escaping around the mask, top, bottom and sides. That escaping air may contain moisture and the virus? Do not miss understand, yes the mask does stop some of the virus. But here is my issue with masks. Everyone fiddles with their mask, everybody, some wear it under the nose, how many people re-use their mask, how many place their used mask in their purse, pocket or console of their car? What is the proper way to dispose of a used mask? Who uses a new mask every time? Just a thought here, but any good that is done by stoping some of the virus in moister in the mask may just be voided by all the the things I mentioned and maybe just aiding to the spread of this virus. Masks on children is taking what I just mentioned to the extreme. I am not anti mask, but just maybe masks are aiding in spreading this virus.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Some of you may know I'm a big proponent of wearing masks to slow the spread of the virus that causes Covid-19. I've posted videos demonstrating the benefits of masks. This, IMHO, is one of the best videos out there that truly demonstrate that masks DO WORK to slow the spread of the virus. It is also very easy to understand and follow. The images on this video are absolutely breathtaking. Please watch........

The deception continues.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I am so confused.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
The deception continues.
So if you go into surgery, insist everyone in the OR remove their masks...
Old 11-08-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I am so confused.
Trust recommendations the nurses and doctors.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:45 AM

Wearing a Mask is like an athlete wearing protective gears, hoping to avoid any possibility of an injury. Not comfortable but worth the effort.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblue View Post
Indeed a very good video, but has anyone thought just maybe masks may be spreading this virus, just maybe? Yes the video is very good and does show how the virus is attached to moisture and captured by the mask. A very good thing. However how much virus is attached to moisture, how much just slips past the weave of the mask? In the video it shows air currents escaping around the mask, top, bottom and sides. That escaping air may contain moisture and the virus? Do not miss understand, yes the mask does stop some of the virus. But here is my issue with masks. Everyone fiddles with their mask, everybody, some wear it under the nose, how many people re-use their mask, how many place their used mask in their purse, pocket or console of their car? What is the proper way to dispose of a used mask? Who uses a new mask every time? Just a thought here, but any good that is done by stoping some of the virus in moister in the mask may just be voided by all the the things I mentioned and maybe just aiding to the spread of this virus. Masks on children is taking what I just mentioned to the extreme. I am not anti mask, but just maybe masks are aiding in spreading this virus.
I believe all of the above has been considered and the benefit of wearing masks exceeds these "risks".
Old 11-08-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I believe all of the above has been considered and the benefit of wearing masks exceeds these "risks".
Maybe someone has considered the benefit of masks, but I would like to read when, where and who looked at this. I am looking for something that says fiddling with mask, reuse of masks, improper mask fit, wearing the mask under the nose in the general public may or may not help spread the virus. I think many just assume masks help, and they do help a little as seen in the video, but is anyone following the possible spread of the virus via mask use? I don’t want to get into the argument that some counties do not wear masks and others have a mandate to wear a mask. If you feel you need a mask, then wear a mask, but consider what you may be doing harm.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblue View Post
We have been told over and over to keep our hands away from our face. Touching the mask is actually preventing the fingers from touching the nose and mouth (if the mask is worn properly covering the nose and the mouth). Many people wear their mask just as a reminder to not touch their face.

We are also told to wash our hands frequently. That is just good hygiene which has to be reinforced more frequently to children. Children wearing a mask is a good way to keep them from touching their noses and mouth when masks are worn properly. They just have to be reminded by adults to wash their hands frequently.

IMHO, and that is just my opinion, germs, including the virus that causes Covid, are not being spread by masks. The masks, worn properly covering the nose and mouth, do their job by minimizing the projection of virus laden droplets and aerosols from an infected person's nose and mouth. Let's not forget, many people have no idea they are infected and can generously pass along the virus to others if they do not cover their nose and mouth.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
The deception continues.
It is very unfortunate that there are many people who think as you do. We, as a country, will not ever get this virus under control if you honestly think the video is deceptive. Can we wait until there is a vaccine to achieve herd immunity the safe way? Shall we attempt natural herd immunity so millions of Americans will die for the cause?
Old 11-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post

Another uptick in Covid 19 positive tests today just shy of 7000, with no mask mandate. More concerned about hospital admissions and contact spread is Florida trying to do contract tracking?

Last edited by Dana1963; 11-08-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

Sexy mask:
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	7929F22A-2EAF-4324-A800-B0B8888258FC.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	86873  
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, videos, virus, spread, slow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.