Is the old TOTV gone? Yesterday, a response I wrote disappeared from the new version.

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2021, 08:54 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Is the old TOTV gone? Yesterday, a response I wrote disappeared from the new version.

This is the third time I have tried to post in the past two days.

Yesterday, I wrote a semi-scathing response to some guy who quoted me out of context. I clearly illustrated how it is best to grab the entire quote and then highlight the part to be addressed. Otherwise, it looks like the debater does not want other parts of the quoted post to come to light.

Anyway, here I am again -- posting in the new version to see if it will go. I cannot find the old version. Maybe I missed the memo.

I liked the old version because we understood each other.

Boomerosaurus

Last edited by Boomer; 09-30-2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
This is the third time I have tried to post in the past two days.

Yesterday, I wrote a semi-scathing response to some guy who quoted me out of context. I clearly illustrated how it is best to grab the entire quote and then highlight the part to be addressed. Otherwise, it looks like the debater does not want other parts of the quoted post to come to light.

Anyway, here I am again -- posting in the new version to see if it will go. I cannot find the old version. Maybe I missed the memo.

I liked the old version because we understood each other.

Boomerosaurus

Addendum:

Never mind.

It’s not you. It’s me.

I just tried the old version on my iPad and it’s working.

Yesterday, I was on my laptop. It would find the link at the bottom of the page that switched versions, but it kept defaulting to the new version and then making my posts disappear. This morning, the laptop worked for the original post here.

Looks like something with me is the problem. Oh well, out with the old — in with the old.

Boomer
Old 09-30-2021, 09:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts
Thumbs up

My old version still works, so far. I have to get to the forums page that shows new posts with the new version, then at the bottom right of that page is a link to revert to the old version. I too prefer the old version and hope it stays around for a while.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Addendum:

Never mind.

It’s not you. It’s me.

I just tried the old version on my iPad and it’s working.

Yesterday, I was on my laptop. It would find the link at the bottom of the page that switched versions, but it kept defaulting to the new version and then making my posts disappear. This morning, the laptop worked for the original post here.

Looks like something with me is the problem. Oh well, out with the old — in with the old.

Boomer
I respect someone who admits they were wrong………..we need more of that.

Tags
version, response, post, semi-scathing, quoted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.