Orlando super spreader event

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Here are the daily positivity rates (rounded to nearest whole number) in Sumter County since October 19, according to the FL Department of Health:

6, 5, 4, 9, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 8, 14, 4

Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak
Doesn’t break down the numbers for inmates, and staff. The prison is included in the stats
Old 11-02-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I’ve seen an uptick in cases in Sumter starting on the 29th, a week after the event. That day we had 37 cases, most of which were over age 65. Usually when Sumter reports that big of number they are younger, and tend to be cases from the correctional facility in Bushnell. Even today they reported 13 cases, which sounds low until you realize the cases reported the last few Sundays were 0 and 7. We don’t test much on Saturdays...

Hospitalizations ticked up a little, but not much. The day of the rally Sumter had 10 hospitalizations, today they have 12.

I watched closely but did not see any upticks a week after the squares opened which surprised me. So they are handling the squares pretty safely.

All of this could be a coincidence, as We are lagging the State of Florida’s numbers a bit. They started going up several days before the county did.
Unless you can tell how many of those "increases" attended the rally, your numbers are meaningless.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Doesn’t break down the numbers for inmates, and staff. The prison is included in the stats
You are correct. Can anyone post the data for just the Villages if it exists? And let us know where we can track the Villages' statistics daily. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Media gets an Oscar for working the crowd. It will work it’s way through the population of the world, like it or not, even in remote areas, it is showing up. Luckily, they know more about it and how to treat it. Vaccine will not be very effective in the near future, so, if you plan to hibernate, it will be a looooooong time before you can dance in the squares. More room for the rest of us!
Old 11-02-2020, 08:23 AM

What I can't get over is criticizing the President's rallys and calling them super spreaders, but yet no one mentions the hundreds of people rioting and looting in groups. That's ok? As far as the squares go, if you have underlying conditions and are leery, stay home. The scientists say outside and social distancing are ok. If you take the proper precautions, go live your life.

Last edited by prettyw102@aol.com; 11-02-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:19 AM

Bottom line, official numbers for Florida on 11-2-2020 do the math, 307,000 cases, 16,700 deaths. 2% Death rate and dropping. Dear God people, vaccine or no vaccine just use common sense. If you feel nervous or frightened because of your health then stay home. For those of us who are not frightened or nervous we are going on with our lives. I won’t criticize you and I would hope you wouldn’t judge me. Life is a risk. I’m ready to move on and return activities as they were. I’ll see everyone at the square and the pools and will not hesitate to shake your hand.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
What a shame people are enjoying their freedom of assembly and actually having fun .. Get thee to a Nunnery !!
Get thee to the infirmary!
Old 11-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

I really don't care about test results, hospitals overflowing around the world due to COVID cases is another story.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Facts prove younger people do not have any serious reaction from covid 70 years plus should consider their wellbeing first . We all have free will enjoy your life.

But, they may spread it to someone who may have serious reactions and they don’t have to be old.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 11-02-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
This thing is not going to get under control until we have an effective vaccine and the infrastructure to vaccinate in huge quantity
NOT so! ALL the reputable Doctors say that CV could be controlled if 95% of the people would S I M P L Y wore their MASKS 95% of the time. SO SIMPLE! A vaccine MAY or may NOT work and be the great saving grace that most people HOPE that it will be. They say that HOPE is NOT a strategy. Here we have a SIMPLE, realistic, factual technique that is proven to work - namely a mask MANDATE and the US is such a disorganized and confused-by-leadership Country that the citizens of this spectacular - now once-great-country are happily throwing it into the toilet - and for WHAT???? For WHO???? Not for GOD! - not for any teachings of Jesus Christ! Please think about that as you walk among the multitudes, maskless and spreading your droplets of DEATH - WHILE WEAKENING the US and playing into the hands of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, China, Russia, and other Dictatorships that HATE you and the freedom you enjoy in the US.

Freedom comes with a price. In WWII and other wars the price was young solder's lives. Today the price is ONLY a simple wearing of a mask to save America and Americans won't pay that price. Note that the smarter countries like Canada, S. Korea, Australia, New Zealand, even China, and Germany are only too happy and SMART to pay that price. So go ahead American patriots in TV Land, be UNWITTING DUPES of Putin. Be TRAITORS to America. I warned you, I did my part!
Old 11-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
No matter what anyone says, i will be wearing my mask anytime I am out looting TVs from stores.
Mask help prevent spread of virus, plus keeps me safer from arrest.
Some people could keep their heads in the sand and laugh all the way to the hospital and possibly DEATH!
Old 11-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Facts prove younger people do not have any serious reaction from covid 70 years plus should consider their wellbeing first . We all have free will enjoy your life.
Wrong! Younger people DO die from CV. They just die in FEWER numbers than older people like YOU and I. I wonder where people are getting all this misinformation? Oh right! It starts with Russian trolls, who are trying to KILL you and it drifts into some cable channels, which don't care if they KILL you - then you regurgitate it onto local forums such as this. With clever modern propaganda - "they know not what they do"!
Old 11-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
The new favorite quote, “super spreader event”! Wow, have only heard that 47 times this week....smdh...really people need to put down the TV remote and slowly back away...go outside and breathe in some fresh air, clear the stale from your head...
Oee opinion - possibly wrong.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
The regular flu has been here for 102 years. We can't get rid of it. Just live your life and pray that therapeutics get better. 99.85% that get it survive. Thank you China.
China did NOT stop S. Korea and Australia and many other Countries from reacting well to this disaster and doing fast quarantines and REQUIRING mask mandates that allowed their societies to resume normal functioning quickly. They are SMARTER countries!
Old 11-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
Bottom line, official numbers for Florida on 11-2-2020 do the math, 307,000 cases, 16,700 deaths. 2% Death rate and dropping. Dear God people, vaccine or no vaccine just use common sense. If you feel nervous or frightened because of your health then stay home. For those of us who are not frightened or nervous we are going on with our lives. I won’t criticize you and I would hope you wouldn’t judge me. Life is a risk. I’m ready to move on and return activities as they were. I’ll see everyone at the square and the pools and will not hesitate to shake your hand.
You could easily be doing that.........IF, big IF , you lived in New Zealand or any other country that reacted well to this Pandemic. Good luck and jack up your life insurance.
Closed Thread

Tags
orlando, streets, shoulders, major, city

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.