Osama Bin Laden

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Posted in the New York Times, his obituary

There are a lot of details about his life in this article that I was not aware of. He was raised in a world of privilege and he adopted a philosophy far different than ours. Awful, scary, sad, and disastrous to the world what one man can do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42853419...mes/?gt1=43001
Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
The Villages Florida Ding-dong the bitch is dead, the wicked bitch is dead! The Villages Florida

May OBL enjoy the charred bodies of his 72 virgins.... as he rots in the fires of hell!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Platinum member

UNITED STATES NAVY SEALS - When you care enough to send the very best!
Suffering from TV envy
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

While this is a good thing to happen, I too think we need to not be to joyeous about this. As others have said here there are others who will gladly step into his shoes. Remember along with the announcement it was stated that reprocussions will perhaps follow. I think I heard that the alert has risen for terror attacks. We should pray for our service-men and women BUT also for our country!

My question to your folks who've already served..."if the evil-doers will want to revenge his death, why did we make the announcement that we killed him?" Just curious!

I had long thought that he was dead (either by special forces OR because of his health issues) and that we kept him "alive" just because the thoughts of retaliation.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I'm thrilled he is gone but his death frightens me. To me, he was as evil as Hitler and his crew. However, when Hitler died, that was it. Their power base was more or less destroyed as well. That is not the case with the Taliban. They still have leaders, money, a following and a focus that the Nazis of yesterday and today do not have. I hope and pray there is no retaliation but I doubt that will be the case.

So, for now, I'll rejoice in the removal of something as evil as Osama Bin Laden and pray that this will end a tragic chapter in the history of the U.S. Americans deserve to celebrate this but, sadly, still be vigilant.
I guess being fearful following something like this is something we all think about. But remember, this sends a message of those who follow in his footsteps that we can and will get you too!

We must and will stay vigilant in the aftermath of this great victory for our country and the souls of the 9/11 victims. I salute our military and the Navy Seals who pulled this mission off without loss of American life.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	silouette flag.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	255  
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Osama

They killed him so that they did not have to go through the years of agony-for us and the free world that imprisionment would bring about . If he was still alive , no american would be safe from the hostage taking efforts of AQ . They would use hostages as ransom. The bleeding hearts would bemoan the conditions of his imprisionment and he would serve them as a living martyr.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default a day to remember...

Today remembering the many families that have lost loved ones from 9/11 to today due to what this man set in motion.

It will be interesting to see the spin that put on this by radical Muslims.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Sage
Default Dead better than trial

Thank goodness they just killed him instead of having him brought here for trial in NYC or elsewhere.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Thank goodness they just killed him instead of having him brought here for trial in NYC or elsewhere.
Oh please........just the thought makes me sick to my stomach. I hope the sharks had a good time tearing the demon apart.

God Bless America!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I hope the sharks had a good time tearing the demon apart. God Bless America!
I don't think the sharks would want him for the same reason StarKist didn't want Charlie Tuna... bad taste!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Default American Justice Catches Up To Osama Bin-Laden

This morning Americans learned that justice has finally been delivered to the master mind of 9-11 Osama Bin Laden. How fitting that he was finally brought to justice at the hands of the elite Navy Seals in a very well planned and executed special operations mission last night that resulted in him being killed in a fire fight. His location was determined based on intelligence gathered by our Intelligence Agencies, found the compound well inside Pakistan. After 6 months of careful planning and confirming of intelligence and Osama’s location, the order was given yesterday to capture Osama.

President Obama delivered the news late last night from the White House. For the first time in almost ten years since the 9-11 attacks Americans have a real reason to celebrate and take pride in America and her power. The message is very clear: Mess with Americans and we will get you no matter how long it takes no matter the cost! That was made clear last night and this morning it is a good feeling to be an American.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	osama_libertyhead.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	256  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 AM
SNOK
Default Where are the flags?

Seems to me everyone should be flying their flages, just as if it were a national holiday. I just walked around and didn't see many, other than mine and a few standing flag poles. Get you flags flying. Today should be celebrated!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Sage

Hope he is having fun with all those Virgins.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Hope he is having fun with all those Virgins.
Yea, and in his case they're all mermaids... and forever virgins!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
They killed him so that they did not have to go through the years of agony-for us and the free world that imprisionment would bring about . If he was still alive , no american would be safe from the hostage taking efforts of AQ . They would use hostages as ransom. The bleeding hearts would bemoan the conditions of his imprisionment and he would serve them as a living martyr.
Alive some lawyer would have got him off on a technicality or other BS. You got to protect his rights don't ya know. If I had my way I'd have buried him with a dozen pigs.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.