Osama Bin Laden

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Veteran member
Default 72 Virgins, NOT...

Osama was expecting 72 virgins, instead he got 24 VIRGINIANS (The Seal Team that executed the mission is based in Virginia).
Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Osama was expecting 72 virgins, instead he got 24 VIRGINIANS (The Seal Team that executed the mission is based in Virginia).
Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 AM

My flag flies, as it has since we arrived in The Villages. Not enough?, you are right, The Villages should be saturated, just because of the demographics, and I don't mean veterans specifically,there are a large amount of people that have had good profitable lives enjoying the good life of the villages. What a better way to show that they are proud to be Americans. Flag Day is a little over a month away, June 14 to be exact. I know of two sources of flag poles and everything needed to erect a 20 ft flag pole and it is not that tough, I know one of them even installs. There is a flag store south of 466a on 441 and a vendor in the Markets of Marion (first row to the left). If all of that seems a bit daunting then there are multiple sources (even Walmart)where you can find a kit including a bracket that you can attach to the outside of your house, allowing you to take the flasg down each evening, so you do not have to install a light on the flag pole. Spread the word TOTVrs, it is the right thing to do.

Sorry for getting off on a tangent of this thread, but I have, as a retired military member and civil servant, I have access to many UNCLASSIFIED sources of information on the Usama Bin Laden event and that has been my focus since arising yesterday morning. Why, you say. I have a grandson that was notified of his selection for a deployment to the combat area some months ago. He is in the AF but now attached to the Army, specifically the Special Opertions command, the element the Navy Seals are part of. Some one above mentioned thinking of water when you mention Navy Seals. I understand that layman's view, but not so, they are an integral part of the US Special Operations Command, made up of Army, Navy and Air Force specially trained units. Back to my grandson, he has trained at numerous locations since and only fairly recently arrived in theatre. He is not able to go into any detail, including where, what, etc. I spent 10-15 years as a "war planner", so I have a good feeling for how operations plans are developed - I did it - and I can only assume he is in a support role. I spent many months and long days in an Operations Center following 9-11, so both make the UBL event sort of personal, maybe that explains my flag comments above.....

God bless America !!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Sage
Default Thoughts

1. How ironic it is that Hitler and Osama died on the same day, May 1.
GOOD RIDDANCE TO BOTH THOSE S.O.B.'S.
2. It's a great day for America, to be an American and GOD BLESS America!!!!!
3. I hope this gives some measure of relief to those who lost loved ones in 9/11.
4. GREAT JOB by the Navy Seals.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
UNITED STATES NAVY SEALS - When you care enough to send the very best!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
My flag flies, as it has since we arrived in The Villages. Not enough?, you are right, The Villages should be saturated, just because of the demographics, and I don't mean veterans specifically,there are a large amount of people that have had good profitable lives enjoying the good life of the villages. What a better way to show that they are proud to be Americans. Flag Day is a little over a month away, June 14 to be exact. I know of two sources of flag poles and everything needed to erect a 20 ft flag pole and it is not that tough, I know one of them even installs. There is a flag store south of 466a on 441 and a vendor in the Markets of Marion (first row to the left). If all of that seems a bit daunting then there are multiple sources (even Walmart)where you can find a kit including a bracket that you can attach to the outside of your house, allowing you to take the flasg down each evening, so you do not have to install a light on the flag pole. Spread the word TOTVrs, it is the right thing to do.

Sorry for getting off on a tangent of this thread, but I have, as a retired military member and civil servant, I have access to many UNCLASSIFIED sources of information on the Usama Bin Laden event and that has been my focus since arising yesterday morning. Why, you say. I have a grandson that was notified of his selection for a deployment to the combat area some months ago. He is in the AF but now attached to the Army, specifically the Special Opertions command, the element the Navy Seals are part of. Some one above mentioned thinking of water when you mention Navy Seals. I understand that layman's view, but not so, they are an integral part of the US Special Operations Command, made up of Army, Navy and Air Force specially trained units. Back to my grandson, he has trained at numerous locations since and only fairly recently arrived in theatre. He is not able to go into any detail, including where, what, etc. I spent 10-15 years as a "war planner", so I have a good feeling for how operations plans are developed - I did it - and I can only assume he is in a support role. I spent many months and long days in an Operations Center following 9-11, so both make the UBL event sort of personal, maybe that explains my flag comments above.....

God bless America !!
Terry from the Market of Marion did mine. Top notch job from a retired Marine.
He's in Row D. I'm impressed.....Semper Fi

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.