Our Congress And Foreign Affairs

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Our Congress And Foreign Affairs

So the U.S. Congress passed a bill citing that all the killings of Armenians by the Turks 100 years ago should be deemed genocide. The Turks are either honked off or are just using the dumb move by our Congress to take the wraps off their plans to attack the Kurds in northern Iraq, which they've wanted to do for years anyway. Turkey has recalled it's ambassador to the U.S. and the Pentagon now has to plan to re-route the shipment of supplies to our troops in Iraq because of being denied use of Turkish air space. (Remember, it was the Turks who wouldn't let us use their air space or land-based facilities to launch the invasion of Iraq.) The State Department and the White House are trying to figure out who we tell our army to support, our "ally" Turkey or the newly liberated Iraqi Kurds when the Turkish army starts chasing the Kurdish rebels around in northern Iraq, the only peaceful part of the country.

Don't our Congressmen and Senators have anything better to do than pass laws about something that happened far back in history? Geez, it seems there are enough current and future problems for them to work on. How about some more hearings? Isn't it time for them to begin to hold hearings on the fairness of the BCS bowl system again?

Is it time to throw them all out of office and startover again? Would that do any good?

Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Default Re: Our Congress And Foreign Affairs

I agree. Start with queen Pelosi.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 AM

Kahuna - Based on some of the posts you and I would probably disagree about several political issues, but I totally agree with you about this. I'm fed up with Congress. Both parties. I told my wife the other day the only solution I can see is to get rid of every damn one of them and start all over. Right now the problem is that even if you elect someone who sounds like they have some sense as soon as they get to Washington they start acting like all the rest. Everyone seems to be concerned only with scoring political points against the other party and no one seems to care about the country anymore.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

I agree with you all 100%. It would have to be a major house cleaning, large enough to take the power away from the party leaders and put the fear of ouster in the rest. That seems to be the only thing they fear, besides getting beat by the opposing party. I think this idiotic move regarding Turkey is aimed at causing Bush more problems in Iraq. If the dems don't want the war, cut off the funds and get it over with instead of behaving like the fools they are and making us look like fools to the rest of the world. The republicans have no backbone and are good for nothing more than skirmishes with the dems and the dems are just as bad if not worse due to their undermining of the war effort and our military to the detriment of the country. Damn them all.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Put the word "Congress" into anything, and it's a boondoggle.
Time to start over and toss 'em all out. Dems and Republicans.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

I couldn't agree more. I've become interested in something called "Unity08" which seems to be a common-sense, "take back the country in a rational way" movement.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-27-2007, 03:31 PM

If there ever was a time for a third party, this is it. It could be done with the right leadership but realistically it'll never happen.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Again, the only way to end this nightmare is to renew the house and the senate (note the lower case, they deserve no respect). Do not vote for any incumbent, not only will teach them a lesson but it will be a deterrent for the future, and maybe the new congress will pass the law of TWO TERMS only. It is up to us.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Veteran member

Key word is right leadership of a third party movement....Find the right leader and it might fly...if it doesn't, I can't think of any time that it would except when the barbaraians are at the gates.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 PM

Until Bush is finally out of office we will see nothing of any worth being done by OUR congress. The dems are still trying to get even with the repubs for impeaching Clinton and for Bush "stealing" the election (as the dems believe). Meanwhile the repubs only stiffen their back to all this and make no good decisions themselves.
Never in recent history has the hate of a seated president by the opposing party created such a mess for this country and in some respects the world. The Turkey deal that the dems so want to push wud hurt our troops and they want more than anything to see the Iraq situation fall flat on it's face.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

Weren't these bums (clarification, the positions they fill) once called statesmen?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:47 PM

I agree withg you all... I plan on voting against any one in office. I feel we need to replace then with people who will do the job and listen to the people. They all feel they know MORE than we do. And again they are wrong. Anbd I also agree start with queen polosi
Old 10-30-2007, 07:43 PM

The media has a way of destroying every president. Remember LBJ, I believed that we all owe him for being able to pass in Congress the Hospitalization part of Medicare, and just in case you forgot look who was able to pass the Medical and Drug part of Medicare almost 40 years later. I dont want to start a political discussion here just to point out that every president get ripped apart by the media. I still believe that the only way is to vote against the incumbents, no matter how good we may think they are.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.