WWII Veteran Donation Organizations

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Sage
Default WWII Veteran Donation Organizations

I would like to make a donation in memory of my late uncle to a reputable
WWII veteran organization. I would not like to just trust Google to find one and I want most of the donation to go to helping WWII vets.

Does anyone know of an organization?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Platinum member

2B,
Here is a link to an organization in Pennsylvania that provides free bus rides to the WWII memorial in Washington DC for vets. They always have a nurse and chaplain along on the ride. I know they are legit - my brother-in-law is a Vietnam vet and one of the organizers. Click on "Join us/Volunteer" for information on donating.
Our World War II Veterans - Contact Us!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

To me, the greatest honor I could give to my father and brother was a donation to Operation Shoebox. Between the two of them, they served in three wars and six tours of duty (WWII (Dad), Korea (Dad twice), Vietnam (my brother three times)). To remember them by remembering those who serve today is what would have meant the most to them.

The other Veterans organization that I wholeheartedly support is Honor Flight (Honorflight.com). This organization flies veterans to Washington, D.C. to view "their" memorials. While it is for all vets, it is primarily geared for WWII vets and vets who are terminally ill. To see the veterans get off the plane (whether live or in the news) and see others cheering them and thanking them for their past service always brings tears to my eyes.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Sage

Thanks to everyone who posted. I made a donation to wwiimememorialfriends.org for my late uncle who passed away in October.

I like this organization because it perpetuates the memory of all WWII vets.
I feel honored to know my uncle and many others who fought in this great war will be remembered for future generations. It preserved our way of life and the many freedoms we enjoy to this day.

It is with a sad heart that my aunt, (his wife), has passed away last night.

They were like second parents to me and my brother. A lovely couple who were married 75 years.

RIP - May GOD wrap his arms around you and keep you safe.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 AM

Honor flight! Check out today's paper and you will see actual WWII vets coming home from a trip from the DC WWII Memorial. The honor flight takes the WWII vets and pays all the costs. It operates on donations. Please come to the next meeting on April 8, 2013.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.