Golf Course Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Default Golf Course Conditions

We've played several courses lately and noticed that some are in better shape than others. For instance, we played Silver Lake yesterday and the fairways were pretty burnt out. However, the greens were very good.

I noticed some comments a while back that Mallory Hill and Cane Garden were having some problems. Is this still the case?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT
Default Re: Golf Course Conditions

The courses will vary naturally, and also because they try and do the right thing with rotating the maintenance, invasive types that take a couple weeks or so to regain the playability, to make it fair throughout TV. The great thing about TV is, that with so many places to play, it sure makes it easier to just play somewhere else when a course isn't in the best condition. Click this link to a site that might help you in this.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/
Old 02-11-2008, 08:06 PM

Just wondering why they have to pick and choose. Why can't they keep all the courses in shape? If the answer is the cost of hiring and paying for the best maintenance is the answer, then I understand that. Golf courses are VERY expensive to maintain to even keep at a good level for play. Perhaps the low cost to residents dictates their policy.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston
Just wondering why they have to pick and choose. Why can't they keep all the courses in shape? If the answer is the cost of hiring and paying for the best maintenance is the answer, then I understand that. Golf courses are VERY expensive to maintain to even keep at a good level for play. Perhaps the low cost to residents dictates their policy.
No, I am not saying they pick and choose which courses to keep in better shape than the others, not to my knowledge, I mean they will aerate and things on a rotation, instead of having so many done at the same time.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.