Outsiders

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxelle44 View Post
We are thinking of locating to Florida and want to know what is available within the Villages if we do not actually reside there, but are close by. Thanks
Roxelle, drive though any other retirement community and you may not see anyone out and about.

Here you will find a truly ACTIVE retirement community.

The following link may explain more

In Play: The Villages Golf Retirement Community | Golf Channel
Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 AM
Veteran member

PM me and I can give you the most accurate information for living near or in The Villages. (considering most on this board have not done both. We lived close enough to TV for 6 years to enjoy what is available and have lived within the bubble for two)
BOTH have attractive options with excellent investment opportunities and lifestyles.

Dr. Seuss
Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Sage

Some people are happy to live in a surrounding area's outside TV, that will buy more home, for their money.

Some people want to be in the middle of the action, and access everything. People in TV, buy here, for the lifestyle.

I have recently met several people who want to have a bigger home but want to be in TV, for their entertainment.

Outsiders can utilize the restaurants, the squares for entertainment and the movie theaters that are open for the general public.

IMHO - Some people want the best of both worlds, but there is nothing like living in TV, and having access to everything.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

When we first moved here, we went to a function which included folks from TV as well as several other communities. Two of the men at our table complained bitterly about having to pay to play golf in TV and not being able to join clubs that met in TV rec centers. When I asked why they didn't move to TV, they said the amenities fees were too high.

Moral of the story - you get what you pay for. If you want to do all of the funs things in TV, you have to live in TV.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:00 AM

We have a couple of friends who reside in a condo that they own in a small development within about 10 miles of The Villages. They come here to the movies, and the restaurants all the time. We asked why they didn't look for a villa or a place to buy in The Villages, and he said, "For all the stuff you guys have there, the amenities fees are astronomical."
I said, "What do you pay?"
He replied, "It's only $387 a month."
I said, "In The Villages we pay just $137 a month."
He then accused me of lying and said there must be a lot of "hidden" fees.
I said there weren't any "hidden" fees, so then he replied that The Villages was just too busy for them. If they lived in TV they'd never get any rest. Where they were it was peaceful and quiet.
It was. I didn't argue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.