Package tracking service from Amazon

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Veteran member
Default Package tracking service from Amazon

I don't know if this is a new feature or not, but I got an alert today on my Fire tablet that an Amazon order was "4 stops away." Clicking brought up a GPS map showing where the UPS truck was.

I dumbly sat and watched the moving circle for ~10 minutes as it made other drop-offs and approached my street. Heard the truck pull up and the front lanai door open and close.

Kept watching the map to see if the truck would drive away and fall off my screen, but the image changed to a DELIVERED status with a photo of the box on my porch.

Well, that was oddly satisfying!

(And I suppose useful if someone is about to leave the house, lives in a neighborhood prone to thefts, or really wants to know the second a package is delivered.)

Delivery disputes are a problem for Amazon and I thought this was a cool way to help resolve some of them.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,587 Times in 5,184 Posts

I recently got a message from Amazon that they now offer to deliver packages inside my garage. Unfortunately, I don't have one of those combination key pads outside my garage, and I am not sure I would want to give them the combination anyway.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I don't know if this is a new feature or not, but I got an alert today on my Fire tablet that an Amazon order was "4 stops away." Clicking brought up a GPS map showing where the UPS truck was.

I dumbly sat and watched the moving circle for ~10 minutes as it made other drop-offs and approached my street. Heard the truck pull up and the front lanai door open and close.

Kept watching the map to see if the truck would drive away and fall off my screen, but the image changed to a DELIVERED status with a photo of the box on my porch.

Well, that was oddly satisfying!

(And I suppose useful if someone is about to leave the house, lives in a neighborhood prone to thefts, or really wants to know the second a package is delivered.)

Delivery disputes are a problem for Amazon and I thought this was a cool way to help resolve some of them.
Is this an app that will work on an android cell phone?
Old 05-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Default Amazon

Amazon sent me a picture of my package sitting in our open garage. They asked if I liked this picture. I said I did ,but that it was strange.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Only works when Amazon Driver is delivering the package. Nice feature
Ah. Maybe that's why I haven't seen it before.

Do your notices come in on a Fire or other Alexa-connected device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Is this an app that will work on an android cell phone?
It's not an app that I know of.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

If your package has a tracking number starting with TBA it means that Amazon is delivering it. Once out for delivery and in your area it will start gps map tracking on the Amazon website. Pretty cool feature.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I have a choice of delivery in my car. Pictures are live as package is put in the back of my car no matter where it is parked. Onstar is required
Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I have a choice of delivery in my car. Pictures are live as package is put in the back of my car no matter where it is parked. Onstar is required
Is your car unlocked?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Even though I have no qualms about leaving our windows open at night (except for my sinuses), I don't trust Amazon enough to be let into my garage, much less get into my car. We had the same UPS driver in Michigan for 16 years whom I would trust with my husband, kids, and dog. But who knows anything about who is driving the Amazon delivery truck that day.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

They delivered a package to my house, even though I was home, they left it on the streetside of the gate leaning against it. Sent me a email and picture asking me if i liked it. boy did they hear back from me, I said, sure just leave it on the street so any thief could just walk by and take it... no thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, truck, package, map, delivered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.