Paper or Plastic?

View Poll Results: If I could only use one type of bag for my groceries/other shopping....
I would choose paper. 33 19.76%
I would choose plastic. 30 17.96%
I would choose 'bring-your-own' reusable (non-plastic). 73 43.71%
It doesn't matter...I can make either work for me. 31 18.56%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2020, 04:34 PM

Bring your own reusable bags are said to carry many germs from leaks in meat wrappers etc. FYI.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You can buy plastic bags, either singly at stores that don't provide them free, or in the plastic bag aisle in supermarkets and other stores.

Or you can use the bags found in the produce and meat sections of supermarkets - they're flimsier but they work for compostable stuff.

Or you can use empty potato chip bags, empty dog/cat food bags, empty other-packaging bags.

A last resort would be to use the container without a bag in it at all, and wash the container after each use.

You know, like people used to do before they invented disposable plastic bags.
The operative phrase is in your first sentence: "Buy plastic bags." So replace plastic with plastic. We already reuse all kinds of bags to put the garbage in, fertilizer bags, mulch bags, etc. And, we do all the other stuff you mentioned, except for washing the container after each use which will run up the water bill.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieshome2 View Post
Bring your own reusable bags are said to carry many germs from leaks in meat wrappers etc. FYI.
...and on the 417th day, the Lord invented the washing machine. Man gazed upon it and lo, it was good.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
The operative phrase is in your first sentence: "Buy plastic bags." So replace plastic with plastic. We already reuse all kinds of bags to put the garbage in, fertilizer bags, mulch bags, etc. And, we do all the other stuff you mentioned, except for washing the container after each use which will run up the water bill.
My response was in response to the complaint "what am I going to do if they don't GIVE me plastic bags for my groceries!!!!11111oneoneone"

The response is - they can BUY them if it means that much to them.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
My response was in response to the complaint "what am I going to do if they don't GIVE me plastic bags for my groceries!!!!11111oneoneone"

The response is - they can BUY them if it means that much to them.
Then why get rid of them in the first place?
Publix just wants to make more $$$.

Tags
paper, plastic, thought, time, poll

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.